Thread: FM voodoo II turbo kit Q.s

Default FM voodoo II turbo kit Q.s

I plan on installing a FM voodoo II kit on my 99 miata, as the price range, ease of tunability, efficiency, and power range are exactly what I'm looking for. Along with the kit a bigger, heavy duty radiator and clutch will be installed. What, if anything else, do you recommend should go along with this?

Is your plan to have a daily driver or track car?
    M3 is always the answer.

http://www.miataturbo.net/showthread.php?t=35885

HOW DOES MIATATURBO.NET HELP ME HELP MYSELF?

Well, in addition to this thread on general forum etiquette, we’ve got a few more mega-important NOOB-centric help threads:
    DIY FORUM TURBO FAQ: http://www.miataturbo.net/forum/t4288/
    USEFUL SAVED POSTS FORUM: http://www.miataturbo.net/forum/f8/
    TONS OF GREAT LINKS: http://www.miataturbo.net/forum/t25737/
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chad99evo View Post
    I plan on installing a FM voodoo II kit on my 99 miata, as the price range, ease of tunability, efficiency, and power range are exactly what I'm looking for. Along with the kit a bigger, heavy duty radiator and clutch will be installed. What, if anything else, do you recommend should go along with this?
    don't do it. there are way better kits for the same price. get on miataturbo and read for a week before you pick a kit. you can even diy with better parts and better power for the same price. artech local will make you a manifold and downpipes for what ever turbo you get and make your own fmic for less then $200. spend the money and get a real ecu and not a pos voodoo card piggy back.

Bah, the FM kits are fine...but Abe/ARTech is something special.

Or, you can get in line and wait 6-months for one of these:

Oh, and this is the new kid on the block from Tim:

How badass is your wallet? The cool part about my parts is that I very rarely work on the motor and I basically "race" the car fro about 4-hours every 6-weeks. If you want things like schedule-40 pipe, gussets, and argon back-purging, you have to pay for it. You can make the FM kit work, but it's going to take more than what's in the kit to track it reliably only in regards to the hot-parts. You'll need another $2000 for everything else at a bare minimum.
    Last edited by SirHustlerEsq; 04-21-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Thumbs up

that looks solid! very similar quality to some of the nice turbo systems out for the evo's i've used before. do you know prices, where to order, whats included, etc?(or just a link, i don't mind doing my own research) i ask this because i ran some searches and got zilch, i'm tired, and the bed is calling me. ZzZzZzzzzzz

www.absurdflow.com

Show me another manifold or downpipe with the same degree of reliability engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    www.absurdflow.com

Show me another manifold or downpipe with the same degree of reliability engineering.
    And it has 2 turbos.

M3 is always the answer.

thanks everybody, much appreciated

oh and to clarify, the car is daily driven and sees the track once to twice a month(depending on expenses) so whatever i get needs to be bullet proof!, i don't mind the occasional checking things to make sure they're all bolted properly etc., it should be done anyways, but frequent repairs..... no sir-ry.

somethin must have been wrong with my internet, the other post didnt show b4 only the pics, i will use the miata turbo forum for my ideas so i can figure something nice out.
    Last edited by chad99evo; 04-24-2011 at 04:04 PM.

You can come take a peek at my car and see what's involved in building a car that you expect to drive home from the track after 2-days of racing. The only thing I worry about now is the transmission, I feel like my car is properly sorted and just about "done". I'm making a new heat-exchanger box starting next week with sheet metal too.

ok mr brg, i'd like to see what you got there