Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slow Interwebs?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Yep... And clubroadster.net just went down from what is apparently a cash flow issue. They may not get back up right away if they don't find some money fast.
    That sucks... Cash is not nearly the problem as TIME... I'll have to compile the humorous history of where dfwmiata.com has "lived" over the years someday... It was hosted on an Xbox for about a week, just so I could say it had been...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    It sounds to me like the hosting bill comes due at the first of the month, but in the past, cr.net has taken advantage of a grace period to give them time to process payments from sponsors. The grace period was eliminated and they don't have the cash on hand yet, so the host shut down the site.
    I sure hope our hosting bill never gets big enough for that to become an issue...
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

MiataProtege

It's been running really slow for me as well, sporadically. It also effects my other browsers until I close the window.

So many cars, so little time. - RIP

+1 yeah what he said. Same problem.
    Jim H.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_H View Post
    +1 yeah what he said. Same problem.
    Management is aware of your problem and will fix them as soon as time allows (which should be about week 2 in December).

Website Offline, No Cached Version Available........

Same here again too. Clicking the "try live version" did nothing yesterday afternoon.

Earlier this morning:

Website Offline, No Cached Version Available....
    -Jim
    Ok -- who owns "Team Squid?" I want in!!
    SOLD! - 2004 Titanium Gray MX-5 MazdaSpeed (#744 of 4000). Bone stock!
    Next up: Mustang Guard EB, 6sp manual, 100a package, Performance package, Recaros and the back-up beep-beep!

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Earlier this morning:
    Yep... I'm going to go ahead and move us to our new home today. Expect some downtime, but it may not be any longer than this morning's outage...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I blame it on all the stupid mobile devices. In my day you had to sit at a computer to surf the world wide web. You couldn't burn bandwidth while riding your crotch rocket to the rave and that meant everything moved faster, except the phone line.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

bandwidth is not the issue... and for that matter, vbulletin is not the issue (at least not at our traffic level)... The issue is other folks that live on the same machine that have poorly behaved scripts and whatnot that kill the whole server. So we're moving to our (largely) own server. I just have to move all my hosting clients there, too... Should have done it sooner, but didn't want to be in the hosting business Too many complaints.

Lock this mother fucker up! Slow Interwebs are now in the past.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Thanks TC!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123