Thread: custom paint job

Engine Builder

Default custom paint job

Hi yall<
    I am looking for a photo of a MX5 that has racing strips. I had a small fender bender and figured since the car is in the shop, i will have the paint job done too. I was thinking about a wide stripe and a thinner strip in the driverrs side. anyone have any sugestions?
    thanks
    Jersey

Well, if an offset stripe is your thing, go for it! It's your car, after all. I'm personally not a fan of them (especially when they magically end up on the passenger side...oops).

Most Miata stripes I've seen are centered, whether that's a pair down the middle or one large with a pair of small stripes flanking it. That 2nd one I really dig.

Here's a great example:

If I recall correctly, those are vinyl stripes that rev installed himself on both incarnations of this car (the previous one was wrecked).
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Sorry. I have the market cornered on offset stripes. Not willing to share.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Go with vinyl. That way if you don't like it you can take it off or change it.

I say don't be scared and commit. Paint! Heh
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint