Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New NB in Dallas

Default New NB in Dallas

Hey all,

Just bought a 1999 Miata (white) and was looking around for ideas to make her a more enjoyable daily. So far I plan on doing the following:

1) Getting rid of the annoying exhaust that is currently on there (Top Speed Pro -1 ) and replacing the entire exhaust system (headers all the way back).
    2) Upgrade the suspension
    3) Get a hardtop
    4) Get different set of rims (most likely the 949 6UL in bronze or black 15x
    5) Maybe get a front lip

Still doing some research before I commit to the other changes, but I have already orderd the Racing Beat headers and the RoadsterSport 3 exhuast that incleads the midpipe and cat.

Any suggestions on suspension, hardtop, rims, etc... would be greatly appreciated. Also I will be posting up pics of the intake system because I can't figure out what it is (even though it says K&N but can not find out any kit that looks like it).

Here is what is in my garage now (No pics of the miata yet):

GFs and Mine

Thanks,
    David

What do you plan on doing with the Miata? This would help guide you on suspension.
    M3 is always the answer.

I can only hope the Miata is to drag race and the Cobra is for autocross.

I don't see a cobra

I want that FD. Very nice.
    '01 Miata. Silver/Red Stripes. HDHCDD
    '13 Mazda2. Spirited Green.

The Miata is for daily driving. So I just want it to have a nice stance but I will be taking all 3 cars out to the track at least once(Texas Motor Ranch) and I am not concerned about drive comfort. I prefer a good handling car over a cushioned ride anyday. I was looking at the Flyin Miata coilovers since I have heard good stuff about them but I'm still trying to do a little more research.

I'm not much of a 1/4 mile person anymore.

The cobras are the Shelby GT500s, which both my Gfs and I do not plan on driving much. I think the next and final trip before they go into complete storage is when we drive them to Vegas to get them signed by Carrol Shelby. After that they will not see the light of day.

Thank you for the comment about the 7 and she be the track star out of the 3. I am about to be 1/3 done with her. Just have to do the final motor stuff which is get her tuned when I get my battery back. After that will be a full suspension and the final step is the body work.
    In the Garage:

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 SVTPP - Weekend Warrior
    1994 Mazda RX-7 - Project/Track Car
    1999 Mazda Miata - Daily

Sexy Cobra's :) I have a soft spot for the new mustangs.

Love the FD! It's a shame you're just going to mothball those Stangs... seems like a waste.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

<I think he has a thing for white cars)

I agree. Shame to mothball cars. Cars are typically a very poor investment unless the name of the car manufacturer ends in "i" . Even the they are a huge gamble.

The muscle cars are an anomaly and I bet when the "fad" wears off people are gonna loose their shirts on their six-figure Mopars and the like.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Welcome, have fun with your Miata.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

I was joking because Ford dropped Cobra from the name in 2005. It's a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 lol. Maybe they added it back though.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Cars are typically a very poor investment unless the name of the car manufacturer ends in "i" Even the they are a huge gamble.
    Shouldn't have blown my wad on that Suzuki Kizashi...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by Inconsiderate View Post
    Just have to do the final motor stuff which is get her tuned when I get my battery back.
    Where is your battery?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Where is your battery?
    Getting signed by the Energizer Bunny?
    ...and across the line.

You work at the Wildwood Hotel in Denton? Saw an identical RX7 there when the wifey and I went a month or so ago to see about having our wedding there. None of the other people eating there seemed like the FD crowd...

Gorgeous car...it's on my to-get bucket list, more so than another Z.

Battery getting replaced due to warranty. Its a buddy club racing battery. For some reason it stopped holding a charge so I returned it.

The value of a Shelby GT500 will hold and it is considered a cobra hence the emblem (just like the older GT500). Only 7500 made for my year plus Carrol Shelby is a legend in the automotive industry.

Nope I work downtown Fort Worth but reside in Rockwall. There is another white one like mine kinda but with a super loud exhaust and is pushing 700hp I believe. He goes to the RX-7 meet whenever he isnt tuning or tearing it down.

As I promised, here is my miata.... I forgot that I will be redoing the interior later since it has the Carbon Fiber overlay all over and the seats are going to get swapped out.

Mystery Intake:

In the Garage:

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 SVTPP - Weekend Warrior
    1994 Mazda RX-7 - Project/Track Car
    1999 Mazda Miata - Daily

Driver

Nice!!!! 120k in cars in ur driveway...

First thing I'd do is find a way to move your air filter away from the hottest air under your hood, which it is currently getting from your exhaust manifold.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    First thing I'd do is find a way to move your air filter away from the hottest air under your hood, which it is currently getting from your exhaust manifold.

TDR Heat Shield

...and across the line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast