View Poll Results: Would you buy a NC?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, where do I sign?

3 12.00%
  • Maybe, I need to see it in person, drive it, how much?

7 28.00%
  • Maybe, When my current Miata wears out.

4 16.00%
  • No. My current Miata satisfies me just fine.

8 32.00%
  • No! Ick! Are you blind?

3 12.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a NC?

Default Would you buy a NC?

Pick one

I like not having a car payment. I'll keep mine.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Default Re: Would you buy a NC?

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Pick one

I like not having a car payment. I'll keep mine.
    I agree, having no car payment is great. In the past 30 years I've only had a car payment on my wifes car/truck. I'd rather have money left over to modify it! Now with my company that is a totally different story
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Edmond, OK - right on the way to Hallett!

Having no car payment is a very nice thing, but seeing as mine is really worn out I will definately be in the market for a new car this summer ... I might just have to check into this NC & see if it's still a Miata!
    If you are not living on the edge ...
    you're taking up too much space!

I'd definitely have to drive one before I made any kind of purchase decision.

The looks are growing on me a lot (especially with the help of the added Autoweek pics), and I will be in the market for a new daily driver later this year, so I think I'll have to check one out. I'd still keep the '99 Sport as an autocross/track toy, though.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain

The looks are growing on me a lot (especially with the help of the added Autoweek pics), and I will be in the market for a new daily driver later this year, so I think I'll have to check one out. I'd still keep the '99 Sport as an autocross/track toy, though.
    Cough mazda service cough

Quote Originally Posted by Majik

Cough mazda service cough
    You had to remnd me about that, didn't you? I'd almost completely blocked it out of my mind.

Maybe I can have it flatbedded to Town North. :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Geneva Motor Show Pictures of the Next Miata

What is the deal with metal on the steering wheel on a convertible. They obviously did not test the car in the Texas summer. Aftermarket radio people won't like the radio but then other manuractures are doing the same thing.

OH!!! Zoom in on the Steering wheel and the Auto shifter. Paddle shifting on this car.

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    OH!!! Zoom in on the Steering wheel and the Auto shifter. Paddle shifting on this car.
    You gettin' old or something? Paddle shifters or not, it's still an automatic.

I'm liking a lot of what I see in the interior. I even like the look of the metal accents on the steering wheel - yep.. I know... I'm all alone on that one. Those little teeny buttons on the steering wheel need to go, though. Either put big, thumb-sized ones, or leave them off.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

if i could afford it, i would get one.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

The interior is more spacious and features higher quality materials.
    Just read the article

Bigger, more spacious interior? Don't plan to haul any cones with me, so that is not a good thing.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

If my MSM gets stolen in September and there's no leftover MSMs on the lots then yes, I would consider an NC. Inability to fit a proper rollbar is worrisome.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    No... my current Miata suits my needs.
    Really! :P

Whoa... all my Formula One lovin' friends online are gonna have to see this...

They keep droolin' over "paddle shifters" and teasing me about the Miata...

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Whoa... all my Formula One lovin' friends online are gonna have to see this...

They keep droolin' over "paddle shifters" and teasing me about the Miata...

RJ
    I drove an RX-8 with the same system. I was un-impressed. It seems that Mazda is softening the shifting of their ATs. I swear, my wife's 2000 MPV shifts more aggressively then the 2004 Paddled RX-8 I drove.

Titus -- According to the this is a different system than the RX-8's. The Miata system is supposedly closer to a true SMG, and the 8 is supposedly getting the same system shortly.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I drove an RX-8 with the same system. I was un-impressed. It seems that Mazda is softening the shifting of their ATs. I swear, my wife's 2000 MPV shifts more aggressively then the 2004 Paddled RX-8 I drove.
    That's probably because your wife's MPV develops a lot more torque than an auto RX-8.

While a paddle-shifted auto wouldn't be my first choice (I had a 4 speed "Sportshift" Honda, and although it was better than a regular auto, it was still no substitute for the real thing), I think a 6-speed paddle-shifted auto is definitely a more viable alternative for enthusiasts than the current 4-speed slushbox.

Now if it were linked to a 6-speed sequential manual (with launch control ), which was in turn linked to a Renesis engine... well, I'd probably be willing to sell my soul for that.
    Iain

they better do it better than the bmw smg, it kinda sucks, not going into gear and not releasing the clutch like it should.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    That's probably because your wife's MPV develops a lot more torque than an auto RX-8.
    Haha! I had to go look that one up...

2000 MPV ES: 170hp @ 6250 RPM, 165lb-ft @ 4250 RPM
    2004 RX8 AT: 197hp @ 7200 RPM, 164lb-ft @ 5000 RPM
    2004 RX8 MT: 238hp @ 8500 RPM, 159lb-ft @ 5500 RPM

Looks like the MPV does out-torque the RX-8, but not by much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast