Thread: Enkei, Kosei, Konig -- Difference in Quality?

Default Enkei, Kosei, Konig -- Difference in Quality?

Wheels from these manufacturers sell for roughly similar prices and weights (Enkei are slightly $more$, but not a lot). I haven't shopped aftermarket wheels in a long time, and know very little about the differences between the three companies. Can anyone provide some illumination? My suspicion is that the Enkeis are the highest quality, given that some manufs use them as an OEM supplier. Maybe they're all "fine" and I should just choose based on cost/weight.

Thanks in advance,

S.

Hmm... I've had a set of Enkei RP-F1s, a set of Kosei K-1s, and a set of Rota Circuit 8s on my Miata. Of the three, I would have to say that the RP-F1s had the best finish, although I've never had a structural problem with any of them.

All three of the brands you've mentioned make good quality wheels. The Konigs might not hold up aesthetically as well as the Enkeis over the long term, but that's not to say that the Konigs will fall apart - just that they may be more susceptible to minor cosmetic blemishes.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I had a set of the Konig rewinds on my AE86 corolla before my miata and they held up great.....even with a few failed drifts that sent the front wheels into the curb.... oops. edge racing has some motor sport racing wheels that are 599 for all 4 and tires, they weigh 11.9 pounds a piece and come with Falken Azenis....15 by 6.5.

I dont know what this is worth but I have put less than 100 miles on my new Konig Quickks and already have a pin sized rock pit (I guess) in one of the spokes, I would have thought the finish would have been a bit stronger. but could just be my luck, seems all things are like the Midas touch in reverse with me.