Thread: 1994 Laguna Blue Miata with FMII turbo kit

Default 1994 Laguna Blue Miata with FMII turbo kit

High-resolution, pictures click link below:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/11168653...eat=directlink

Hello all. Up for sale is my 1994 Laguna Blue Miata with the FMII turbo kit. This car is amazing! The reason I am selling it is because it has a problem: Somehow coolant is getting into the cylinders. Now I replaced the gasket and I did it right. Took the head off, sent it to the machine shop. They checked it for flatness and they couldn't even fit a .002" feeler gauge under it. Even then, I still had the head resurfaced and pressure tested and it passed with flying colors. Bought a head gasket replacement kit and put new seals everywhere! Went to Mazda and even bought new head bolts. I probably spent 500 on PARTS and MACHINING just to make sure that everything ok because there is nothing I hate more than doing something like this twice. So imagine my disappointment when I started it and it still had the same problem!

I imagine that there are three possible things wrong with it:
    Block is warped
    Block is cracked
    Head gasket was done incorrectly (which I REALLY doubt)

I think the best course of action would be to buy a used 1.8 long block and install it rather than trying to figure out what crazy thing is going on with this engine.

Now, I really dont want to sell it, however, I just dont have time for a project like this. It has pretty much everything you could ever want except for wheels. The power train is amazing, the suspension is amazing, and the aesthetic appearance of the car is pretty damn good (easily 8/10).

To give you an idea of all the stuff this car has, Im going to put up the previous owners description.

________

1994 Miata, bought for $4700 with 82k miles on it in early 2005. Driven very little; thus the low mileage (89k on the odo now).

March ’05 I purchased and installed a Flyin’ Miata FMII turbo kit and several other accessories ($9217 total). The turbo kit more than doubles the power output of the 1.8L engine: over 220 rear wheel horse-power in a little 2300lb Miata! Say goodbye to your rear tires!!!

In addition to the turbo kit I also installed a high-capacity aluminum radiator to keep things cool. And I replaced the sway bars, springs and shocks which lowered the car and really tightened up the suspension.

The car is in really great shape for a 16 year old car. The few flaws that I should point out are a) a small dent on the driver’s side front quarter panel (you can see this in the pictures linked to) and b)the rear bumper has three vertical scratches that are pretty deep and go through the paint and into the plastic material below.

Brakes have a lot of life left in them: (rear pads replaced shortly after I got the car. Fronts have tons of pad left.) Tires? There isn’t a lot of tread left on any of the tires, but they passed inspection and are good until next time.

Stock specifications:
    Cloth seats, power windows and mirrors, A/C (works well and blows cold air), Torsen limited slip differential (a must-have for a turbo car), 5-speed manual transmission, 14” aluminum wheels, Laguna Blue paint, driver and passenger airbags, side-impact beams, floor mats. FYI, the Laguna Blue paint is pretty rare. Of the 20,000 Miatas made in 1994, only 1788 were Laguna blue. In 1995 they made only 440 in Laguna blue. 1994 and 1995 were the only two years for this color.

Sound system aftermarket goodies:
    -Nakamichi CD-400 stereo system with AUX input for your iPod (or other MP3 player of choice).
    -Soundstream D100II, 2-channel, 100W amplifier. This really wakes up the stereo system and allows you to hear the music when you’re cruising with the top down.

The numbers:
    $4700. Paid for car
    $9217. Paid for turbo kit and all other accessories.
    $200+. Stereo and amp (and I also put new speakers in the doors).

Total $$ over $14,000!!!

Here's a more detailed list of the stuff from Flyin' Miata:

All the items below purchased through Flyin’ Miata for over $9,000.
    http://www.flyinmiata.com/
    -Flyin’ Miata FM2 turbo kit: Exhaust manifold, heat shield, downpipe, intake tubes, turbocharger, intercooler, airfilter, bypass valve, boost gage with pillar mount, Link ECU with keypad, boost control solenoid, knock sensor, 550cc fuel injectors, lots of other bits and pieces.
    -New shift boots, thermostat, fuel filter, sparkplugs and wires, timing belt, camshaft seal and valve cover gasket.
    -AEM wideband O2 sensor kit: allows very accurate measurement of your air/fuel ratio from very rich to very lean.
    -Serial link interface and cable: connect your laptop to the ECU and log all important engine data as you drive.
    -Flyin’ Miata Stage 3 suspension kit: front and rear sway bars, front strut tower brace, stiffer springs at all four corners and KYB-AGX adjustable shocks.
    -Flyin’ Miata Clutch/flywheel happy meal that includes an FM Level 2 clutch, lightweight flywheel, clutch switch override, pilot and release bearings.
    -Flyin’ Miata FM Single Turbo M1 stainless cat-back exhaust.
    -Flyin’ Miata Aluminum M1 race radiator.
    -Hard Dog roll bar.

Asking price is $5500 obo.

Yes, it is quite a bit of money for a car with a blown engine but if you've been thinking about getting a turbo Miata there is no more complete solution than this.

You would have a hard time finding all the parts that it took to make this car for 7250. The cool thing about this is you get a car with all the parts!

You could buy this car and transfer all the parts to a 1.8 liter NA Miata of your choice and at the end of the day you would have super fast turbo Miata and a damn near complete miata with a blown engine that you could sell to offset the costs of the install or you could just fix this one up.

I encourage everyone interested in the car to ask questions. I have no problem taking the car to a mechanic of your choice to have him give it the once over.

Cheers,

Alejandro
    Last edited by Mexellent; 06-22-2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: it looked funny

Driver

Ttiwwop

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^For addition, high-resolution, pictures click link below:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/11168653...eat=directlink

You aren't set up to receive private messages.

Can you post a good contact method for you (e-mail or phone)?

I might be interested in your Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by XM_Rocks View Post
    You aren't set up to receive private messages.

Can you post a good contact method for you (e-mail or phone)?

I might be interested in your Miata.
    You may want to peek here -> http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/2455178434.html

Since it looks like he hasn't visited since he put up this classified ad.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    You may want to peek here -> http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/2455178434.html

Since it looks like he hasn't visited since he put up this classified ad.
    Thanks.

Yeah I was hoping to get the DFW Miata $2,000 discount.

This guy has it posted at $7,250 on Craigslist.