Thread: Quite a Restoration Project!

Default Quite a Restoration Project!

That thing isn't worth the price to ship it to Australia.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Did you guys click the "home" link and look at how his previous Healey looked before and after? This guy is serious.

Damn. I wish I had those skills. Someday.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by ccage
    Did you guys click the "home" link and look at how his previous Healey looked before and after? This guy is serious.

Damn. I wish I had those skills. Someday.

Chuck
    Yea he has skills but I bet this is the biggest basket case he has ever tackled.
    As the car arrived at the freight company in California after the trip from Houston and ready for shipping to Australia. Bumpers, side widows, hood bows and part of the windscreen frame have been lost and the car is falling apart!

My first sighting of the car as it arrived in Australia. It actually broke in half during the trip over

indeed.

Man, how many times have you driven by a car like that in a field or a barn and thought, "What a shame." Maybe I'm just anthropomorphizing a bit, but it seems so sad. It's great to see someone breathing life back into one, though he sure as hell has a job ahead of him.

I guess I can understand the philosophy of it; The core of building is making something from nothing -- something useful from something not -- and he's doing that in spades!

Chuck

I think he loves cars more than I do.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Maybe he's just a masochist.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Maybe he's just a masochist.
    Or he's just too darn proud to admit he bought a turd!

Excuse me sir but a dingo is eating you Austin Healey!

Dag it! I was hoping to see the full restoration but it ended as abruptly as a "Sex in the Miata" thread on the board.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Why not build one from scrach with some plans. Seems like it would be faster. I know some will say but it wouldn't be authentic, but hey, that cars going to need everything, so it won't be authentic either.

BTW, I think it's great the engine doesn't have sludge in the top, indicating that it might be low milage. Whew, I was thinking he may have been had.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.