Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCCA Solo Event #5 @ Lone Star Park - 7/31/2011

It’s going to be warm so make sure you bring plenty of COLD water, sunscreen & light food for the day. Start to Hydrate with water the day before!! (No! NOT with Mojitos & Beer, Terry!)

If you get too warm, there’s an air-conditioned lobby area (and bathrooms) in the stadium of LSP.

A link to some great tips for a day of autocrossing with TX Region SCCA: Autocross Tips

Sunday 7/31 Event Schedule:
    7:30am - 8:30am Registration & Tech Inspection Open
    8:00am - 9:00am Course open for walking
    8:30am (approx.) Novice Walk Thru
    9:00am (approx.) Mandatory Drivers Meeting
    9:30am (approx.) 1st heat Drivers in Grid, 1st heat Workers on course, First Car Out!

The points race for the TX Region Solo series is heating up. Don’t let your competitors jump ahead of you by not attending!
    Online registration closes Friday, July 29th at 11:59 PM. Onsite registration is welcomed, but you can beat the line with registration online! Credit cards CANNOT be accepted onsite. Cash or check ONLY.

Online registration link: https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....8C93719E88F850
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Unhappy

I am hoping to make it. It would be my last autocross in the area before I move to Tucson.

Best of luck with your move to Tucson! I was born and raised in Phoenix so I've been hard-wired to despise Tucson, but they have the BEST autocross site in AZ...its at the Marana Regional Airport. Its a 1350ft by 450ft block of asphalt that is wonderfully smooth and grippy! We've run 90 second courses out there and there's a few national champions who frequent the site (The XP FrankenLotus of Fred Zust is one).

Proposed run / work order

Run 1 / Work 3
    AM, ASP, BP, BS, CP, CSP, DM, DP, GS, HS, SMF, STX, X

Run 2 / Work 1
    XP, AS, BM, BSP, ESP, FM, FS, GP, SSM, SS, ST, STS, STU, STR

Run 3 / Work 2
    CM, CS, DS, DSP, EM, EP, ES, F125, FP, FSP, FSAE, SM, T, W

Breakfast?
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Breakfast?
    Is there anything near LSP?

I'll be there, this is my first so I haven't the slightest what to expect. Won't be in the MSM and I dunno where they're gonna class the 7, doesn't really matter to me so long as I have fun with it. The other rx7 guy is in CSP, maybe I'll end up there? Looking forward to seeing you guys and running. :)
    85 Rx-7 GSL-destroyed by a Durango
    04 MSM-mostly stock
    85 Rx-7 GSL(SE'd)-High compression half-bridged 13B, 650 holley. Now with MORE BRIDGEPORT.
    1979 Spark Yellow SA Rx7 - Restoring to it's former glory 1/36th of a paycheck at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by duffman692002 View Post
    I'll be there, this is my first so I haven't the slightest what to expect. Won't be in the MSM and I dunno where they're gonna class the 7, doesn't really matter to me so long as I have fun with it. The other rx7 guy is in CSP, maybe I'll end up there? Looking forward to seeing you guys and running. :)
    Come find us. Just show up at 8, get your car teched, check in at registration (or register if you did not online), and find one of us to walk the course with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Come find us. Just show up at 8, get your car teched, check in at registration (or register if you did not online), and find one of us to walk the course with you.
    He'll be the guy with the Dirk Diggler moustache.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    He'll be the guy with the Dirk Diggler moustache.
    Look for this guy!

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by duffman692002 View Post
    Find the other MSM ... I'll walk it with ya. :)
    -Jim
    Ok -- who owns "Team Squid?" I want in!!
    SOLD! - 2004 Titanium Gray MX-5 MazdaSpeed (#744 of 4000). Bone stock!
    Next up: Mustang Guard EB, 6sp manual, 100a package, Performance package, Recaros and the back-up beep-beep!

Sounds good, see y'all there. Look for the loud, red FB lol.
    85 Rx-7 GSL-destroyed by a Durango
    04 MSM-mostly stock
    85 Rx-7 GSL(SE'd)-High compression half-bridged 13B, 650 holley. Now with MORE BRIDGEPORT.
    1979 Spark Yellow SA Rx7 - Restoring to it's former glory 1/36th of a paycheck at a time.

Thanks for the warm welcome at the event today, everyone! Thanks to Jerrett for the great course and codriving seat. I thought the turn-around pinch and finish were going to be brutal, but they drove just fine (in a miata of course!) I'm looking forward to hanging out more with everyone...such a jovial crowd :)

Hot, but fun, day.

Massive understatement. Surface temps were almost 130 degrees!

Great course though!
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

The course was a blast to drive. Can we have a re-run of it later in the year when it is cool enough to enjoy it.
    Su B.
    SSP - #117
    08 997.1 Turbo

Results are up for event #5

Full -

http://autocross.com/tr/2011_5_final.htm

PAX -

http://autocross.com/tr/2011_5_pax.htm

A BIG thanks to everyone that came out to the event!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

I keep my used water bottles and refill them. I went through ten bottles yesterday!

Holy cow was it hot! By the end of the day the POSIV, Me, and Evil KK were really suffering from the heat. I still feel like crap this morning.......

I appreciated my fellow autocrosser keeping an eye on me and Evil KK in grid and we really appreciated the iced towel onething!

Timing and scoring was a train wreck yesterday in second heat the brave timing & scoring computer operator gave her all to not just pitch that freaking computer out of the trailer. I really commend her patience.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast