Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: North Texas Biathlon

Glad I live east!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I was talking to one of my employees that lives off of central drive. He said that the Eastbound ramp to 183 and the Westbound ramp to 183 were closed. In order to get on 183 you have to go down the frontage road a few blocks in either direction. I think the central drive exits off 183 are still there. Not sure.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

I will be using Hwy 10 (the original 183), going north on Raider, which turns into Central after a dogleg to the right.

I'll be coming in from the east on 121 so we'll see how it goes. Wheel came in so I am good to go. 80% for tonight, as I am trying to rearrange a wifey commitment.

It's nice not only getting to arrive at an AX event at a normal time (not early to setup the course), but also living only 15 minutes from the venue. I can get up at a normal time. I don't have to worry about going to bed early. Ahhh, this is the life.

Resultshttp://www.autocross.com/er/equiperapide/modules/content/index.php?id=94I want to thank all the 105 folks who braved 105 degree temps to participate. We had an awesome event on Sunday.The Saturday drag race was a total bust. I guess Equipe Rapide won't be bundling a drag race with an autocross in the future. The bracket race was kind of pathetic with only 17 total cars entered. The www.drwmustangs.net group was supposed to have a whole bunch of Mustangs there. They showed up but mostly postured and bench raced. Very few actually entered the bracket race. Mike did an awesome job and made it to the 4th round before he spun too much at the start and missed his dial in. He ran consistent 9.80's all night and nailed his dial in on a couple of rounds. One round he broke out but the other lane was sandbagging and broke out worse. I was out in the first round with a red light of -0.05 seconds. It wouldn't have been a good run anyway. The car really hooked all night. It hooked so well that I had to remove the Hoosier 24x13x15 R35 slicks and put on the Kook RS-3's because it was bogging at the line. I ran 4 good practice passes on the street tires and they were hooking great with about 2 revolutions before they grabbed. When the first round came I lit up the tires and spun them for 60 feet. I'm not an experienced enough drag racer to know what happened. My guess is that the tires cooled off and the track cooled off between my practice runs and the elimination. My best time was a 9.88 on the slicks and a 10.01 on the Hankooks. Mike did better than me in Rapide Pax on Sunday so he is the first and probably last winner of the North Texas Biathlon. I still plan on running at the strip since it is 5 minutes from my house and I go there 3-4 times a year anyway. If any of you want to do an informal drag and brag Friday night at North Star let me know. Maybe you can whip up on a slow heavy Mustang convertible too.Later,
    Andy Cost

Something strange is going on with the formatting.
    Andy Cost

Andy Cost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123