Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wide Band bung install

Makes sense but is there any reason why a 2 output unit won't work? I didn't plan on taking out the stock o2 sensors.

What kind of software do ya'll use for datalogging?
    Last edited by jeepinbanditrider; 08-22-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Performance of the unit itself issues aside, you'll be fine with only two outputs. When I first made my WB setup, I only had it going to a gauge, not the LINK. It was a pain to tune since the ECU didn't see the WB info, but all it took was more time. Log, adjust, log, adjust, etc, instead of adjusting and logging live (and having the outputs on the same graph). That's how cars used to get tuned on a dyno before in-car WBs were cheap enough to purchase.

Reading the link you posted I get the impression that the gauge output is not considered an output. So you have the gauge, then the optional WB and NB outputs. So if that's how it actually is, that technically has 3 outputs.

I've got their oil temp and boost/vacuum gauge and have been happy with them so far. We'll see. Might be a learning experience in which case I'm only out some money and time........which seems to be what experience is made from lol.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    What kind of software do ya'll use for datalogging?
    Before someone breaks out the retard word again, you should go do some more internetting on this subject. Logging from the ECU really depends on the ECU itself: MS uses whatever the current logger is - MegaTuner or whatever; I (and assuming Titus) use Data Log Lab and RTLink for the LINK; Hyrda users probably have some kind of proprietary software...

If you're asking about datalogging with your current setup, I got nothing. A complete DEFI setup, maybe. Something along those lines. But they're all over the cost of an MS so kind of thinking they aren't good options for you.

I"m already shopping for used MS units. I downloaded the MS software from the website and am messing with it now.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Get on the miataturbo.net board and look in their ECU section. It's got all the reading that you might like to do.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    but I'd be shocked if he knew that existed and didn't do more thorough research as to what WB setup to buy in the first place.
    You would be correct. I'm not 100 percent up to speed on everything that has to do with wideband gauges and didn't know you could do that. Everyone has to start somewhere. Not everyone that goes FI or gets a wideband gauge is going to be know everything about them. Ya'll seem to be very well versed in these things. Hence while I'm here asking questions.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

I completely understand. I've made many many mistakes and bad purchases along the way, Miata related and not (hell, I still have Ground Controls with KYB AGXs on my car). It's all part of the learning curve. Figure out why it's bad/not the best, learn from it, and move on. Like you said, that's most of what experience is.

If poor purchasing decisions are being discussed, then I am the King of Retards. My garage and storage shed is full of incorrect impulse buys. Too embarassed to list them in a fs ad. Wait, anyone wanna buy a stylebar cheap?

My garage is as well lol.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12