Thread: Clear Blue Sky Rally - second annual

Default Clear Blue Sky Rally - second annual

The second annual Clear Blue Sky Rally will be held on Saturday, September 24th, starting in Dallas. You are invited! We had entries from 5 Miatas in the last year, and one of them even placed 4th in Novice Class.

Last year's Clear Blue Sky had the most entrants of any or our rallies in many years. Was it the drive in the country, or the B-17 promised at the ending point at the Vintage Flying Museum in Ft. Worth? Probably both, so this year we offer free entry into the Frontiers of Flight Museum at Love Field in Dallas. Instead of a B-17, we offer an F-105 fighter as a photo backdrop for your car.

The drive begins at the museum, and ends at a popular Denton eating spot. In between will be 3 or 4 hours of driving, mostly on pretty horse-country roads in rural North Texas. The Rallymaster has conjured up some fun tests, and those who score the best will take home a trophy.

This is event #3 in the 2011 SCCA Road Rally Championship Series. The Great Pumpkin Rally in October will be number 4, and a charity event for a worthwhile cause will be featured in December to end the year. More info can be found at www.texasscca.org, click on Rally.

Preregistration is open at tinyurl.com/CBS11msr .

Join us!

I'm in. Trying to scrouge up a Nav then I'll be registering at the start of next month :)
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

We have our first Mazda entered....some of you guys come and keep him from being lonely. Just go to tinyurl.com/CBS11msr and register: it's easy!

Whoops almost forgot about this :/ Gonna have to wait till the 15th now
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Thinking about going, but can only make it to one event this weekend - Trying to decide between this and the ER autocross

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    I'm in. Trying to scrouge up a Nav then I'll be registering at the start of next month :)
    If you're still looking for a navigator, I'll gladly lend my talents :)

And by talents I mean not knowing the area at all, probably taking piss-poor pictures along the way, and more than likely getting us completely lost.

One of the guys from work volunteered about a week ago. If he backs out I'll let you know. And I may or may not even be able to go at this point. That's why registration hasn't happened yet :/
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

MiataProtege

I'd be interested... when you say Rally... you just mean drive along at a normal pace and have fun. Or are we racing? I suppose I don't understand.... would prefer to just drive along with other Miatas.

And apparently I'm an Engine Builder now.... Having just barely mastered flushing the coolant! Lol!

After reading the link you provided... I see it would take place on a work day for me... but I'd be willing to take the day off for some fun with other Miatas. Though it's not just a Miata "Race". Curious as to how many Miatas will be there? And it seems that it would just be at a regular pace too with little challenges. Sounds very fun.

Default Clear Blue Sky Rally update

There are 18 cars preregistered for the Clear Blue Sky Rally....that means we should have nearly 40 on rally day: this Saturday!

Mustangs, Audis, Subarus, Minis, plus a Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi, Lexus, Lotus, BMW, and an Austin-Healey 3000 (BRG, of course).

We do have a Mazda entered, but it's not a Miata....you can fix that.

I drove a Miata as lead car for the Great Race/Texas one year. It's a great rally car! I don't know why we don't get more of you. (BTW, "Great Race" is a vintage car rally.)

You can join us at tinyurl.com/CBS11msr . Then meet us at the Frontiers of Flight Museum at Love Field in Dallas Saturday at 9am. Don't forget to take a pic of your car in front of the F-105 fighter.

Preregistration ends Friday at 6pm.

Just registered for this - my first road rally - hope it's fun!

Three Miatas entered! Now you can compete with the Mustangs and the Audis for best rally team. Or you can make it a Mazda team, and include the Mazda3. Tell us at registration how you want to do it.
    Last edited by sccarally; 09-23-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: new info