Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #7

Is that a Jones curve?

I like the two frowns.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Yes, I did borrow the Jones Curve! Good eye!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Sorry for the course design and setup problems, folks.
    Polished Turd Racing

Driver

man is it that bad that you're live blogging apologies?

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    man is it that bad that you're live blogging apologies?
    Yes it was.......

I have been around long enough to remember when ER was the premier AX club that other clubs tried to be like. I can't imagine any club wanting to be like the current ER.

Heck there were several people who showed that went home before the event started one is a multiple SCCA national champion driver. That is not a positive indicator.

It was however the best autocross I attended today!

OK, at the risk of telling everyone who wants to complain to stop, I'd like to point out that everyone seemed to have a good time. During the competition we all ran the same course. I for one liked it. No apologies needed Mikey, it was different yes but a good use of Pennington, a venue that is usually too short. Too bad the CSP guys left without running. Their loss.

I'm not complaining it is more of a series observation.

Folks were walking away before any cars hit the course. I can't recall ever seeing that happen before with any group.

Course setup was done by committee on the fly when it should have been set in stone in advance. It was obvious OZMDD's original intention isn't what we got today.

It just didn't appear to be a smooth running event.

No event is going to be perfect I get that but this one had more drama than we normally see.

It was however the best autocross I attended today!

I really don't think there was a problem with the event. It drove a lot better than it walked. The event started on time. 30-40 seconds is normal for Pennington. The course wasn't easy. It took some planning ahead to be able to nail all the elements. All that being said, I am eager to hear constructive criticism. Please PM me.
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    No event is going to be perfect I get that but this one had more drama than we normally see.
    I think the Drama was because the National Champ left. Then the two other F body cars left. Drama queens! Especially the other two. No skins on the wall like MM. They need the practice. They should have stayed.

Classic case of too many cooks.
    M3 is always the answer.

We enjoyed it. As the man said, we all drove the same course and it certainly rewarded patience in spots. Thanks to all that put in the effort to chair/co-chair/worker chief the event.
    Steve E (& rapidly getting faster wife)

Somebody tried to pm me but my in box was full. I emptied it so you can try again.
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    Somebody tried to pm me but my in box was full. I emptied it so you can try again.
    That is just a scary thought..... Hide the children please.

Did anyone see the cone I hit on my last run? This was after I ran over the timing crate, lol!

I think the course was pretty decent. Ppl must have forgotten what JJ's 1st courses were like. (no offense)
    Course design is tricky and takes a long time to get right.
    I talked to Madarash tonight and told him he missed out on a good event.

I've been running ER and SCCA events long enough to know this is not the 1st time course changes were made early in the AM. It's a shame every one got caught up in the drama and Mike seemed to take the brunt of that abuse.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    Ppl must have forgotten what JJ's 1st courses were like. (no offense)
    None taken. I still have the designs and look at them every now and then.

Thanks for all the positives, I understand the criticisms. Some were my design, some weren't. I accept it as a learning experience, but I also know how I'd feel if I waited all week to show up and autos on sunday, then had a day where the course didn't work for me.

No one was rude to me directly, and a lot of people seemed to make the best of it. I wish it had driven a little better too.

I agree that some of the delays and event issues can be improved. Notice that some ER club presidents were packed up and gone before results were audited, then understand why the club isn't operating at peak efficiency.

Can't wait for My next course design!!
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    No one was rude to me directly
    Come on!!

I was rude to you directly!

Yes, but it makes me giggle when you do it.
    Polished Turd Racing

I've been told that Mike likes abuse.

You can't blame someone for not wanting to burn $300 of rubber on a course he doesn't like.

I've witnessed several folks go home early over the years. It isn't as uncommon as you think. Steve E, Mark Sipe, Neal, our president, and even the General himself have shown up to events and left before it started or after the first run.

I think it was David Whitener that called in that cone.
    Andy Cost

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast