Thread: Teflon Window guides for sale THE FALL SALE IS ON !!

Chassis Designer miata_B_racing's Avatar

Default Teflon Window guides for sale THE FALL SALE IS ON !!

To all DFWmiata.com members Teflon window guides for 1990 through 2005 miata's.
    Pairs of guides for the unheard of price of $20 per pair for the next 30 days to
    all members. I accept paypal only! If you would like tracking and insurance on your purchase add $5.
    Email me if you have special requirements., or would like to place an order.

Over 200 pairs sold to date with no negitive feedback.

Jake "The guideman"
    Teflon Window guide Kits for the Miata Nation -

How does the process of buying the teflon rollers work?

Since I know Jake doesn't post here too much, I'll answer (and I bought the guides from him a few years ago by now):

1. Email [email protected] to confirm (that's the email address I used, but it doesn't come up in my PayPal account, but I have since gotten a new computer so that's probably why). he probably should edit his post and include his email address though (hint hint)
    2. Go to your PayPal account
    3. Send payment to whatever email address Jake tells you to (I'd be nice and include the 3% extra if you use a credit card)
    4. Wait a few days (FWIW, it takes 4 days for me to get stuff from my Florida office that is literally the next town over from where Jake lives)
    5. Install correctly (and hope it's not your switch if you have power windows)
    6. Enjoy your faster and easier to use windows.

Cleaning out the window tracks on a customer's car today. What fun!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Cleaning out the window tracks on a customer's car today. What fun!
    Did you remove them from the car or just clean them in place? Also I was wondering if you had well cleaned and lubricated tracks if the teflon rollers really make a difference or not.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    Also I was wondering if you had well cleaned and lubricated tracks if the teflon rollers really make a difference or not.
    Yes. My tracks were meticulously clean and lubed with the Shin Etsu grease. My window guides were even 100% intact - not so much as even a surface crack on them. My driver's window would take forever, the passenger side would sometimes not even bother after going up halfway. Night and day difference, even with my power switch being all but complete garbage.

Whether it's from the teflon guides or just the fact that I was in there and removed the windows completely (so possibly changed the alignment), I don't know or really care. I spent $20 and maybe an hour combined for both windows, and they are faster than I ever remember (I bought the car with 34k miles on it nearly 10 years ago). $20 for a nagging issue is dirt cheap. I would suggest them even if you simply consider it preventative maintenance.
    Last edited by Rob®; 05-22-2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: one day I'll learn how to spell maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    Did you remove them from the car or just clean them in place? Also I was wondering if you had well cleaned and lubricated tracks if the teflon rollers really make a difference or not.
    Removed the tracks, scraped out the old grease, brake cleaner until they were clean and added new all purpose grease. In this case the guides were fine. The windows work like new now.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Sorry for this newbee question, but what exactly do these do?

They replace the brittle oem window rollers which in many cases (like mine) have dissintegrated completely, making it near impossible to roll your windows up and down. My windows roll up and down with ease now, wheras before it was a fight.

Great product, and Jake is a great guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

awesome..thanks for the info
    i just emailed :)

Chassis Designer miata_B_racing's Avatar

SXK122, He is an old friend of mine and purchased guides many moons ago. The OEM Nylon guides
    do not hold up well in the extremes. The factory grease eats away at the nylon until is starts to degrade
    the Nylon from the Inside out. They get brittle and start to crack and then break.
    Teflon window guide facts:
    They will last for years and years
    They can withstand up to +400 degrees F
    They will not freeze, crack or break-- Barring fire or accident.
    They can take the abuse if you race your car on weekends during track day events.
    Shin Etsu grease is best used on the hinge points, cables, felt behind the quarter window.
    The guide track and guides do not require grease but will not hurt a thing if you use it.
    The teflon guides will not soak up grease like the Nylon ones do.

These are great products at a great price to members only on this deal.
    Sale last until 7/19/2012 at 11:59 PM
    Teflon Window guide Kits for the Miata Nation -