Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PCA Time Trial - Motorsport Ranch - Sun. Oct 23rd, 2011

No email for me, but looking at the entry list everyone's in.

What time does the gate open?

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac Mitch View Post
    Remember this is a real racetrack and they have minimum rules we have to adhere to.

Maniac Mitch
    Anything else we need to know???

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    No email for me, but looking at the entry list everyone's in.

What time does the gate open?
    According to the email, they open at 6:30 and registration closes at 7:30.

Thanks, I was going to show up at 8. Good thing I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Anything else we need to know???
    Dont think so. The DE events used to check broomstick, but believe they quit that. Of course, helmets required, but a few loaners available.
    I posted because I knew the rules were stricter because of MSR.
    Even if you have to run top up, this is absolutely the best TT event of the year!!
    BTW, I was told the entry cap is at 50 cars. I'm very happy to see 12 Miatas so far. Hope they putu

Got confirmation! 6:30 = really early in the morning.

There is a Whataburger on 377 just south of I-20 that is open 24 hours. Anyone want to meet at 5:45 for breakfast and then scoot out at 6:15?

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    There is a Whataburger on 377 just south of I-20 that is open 24 hours. Anyone want to meet at 5:45 for breakfast and then scoot out at 6:15?
    I'll be there but I am not a morning person.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx74 View Post
    Don't forget the RAINX!!
    Right now Saturday looks to be the rain day. Let's hope that stays true.

Driver

Hardtop it is then!! I have a rollbar but no arm restraints yet

I'm getting pretty excited for this, anything I should know or do beforehand with it being my first time on a track?

Drive flatout. Lifting=losing, rubbing is racing.

(^Disregard all this!)

Smooth and gradual is the best way to learn.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

The 1.3 is a fun track. The up hill climbs can be a bit of a problem for momentum cars but With TT's you will not have any Z06's pushing you up the hill. Looking forward to seeing all the Miata's out to play.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    See ya there. Taquitos are your friend.
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

I know we all got this e-mail but I figured I'd post it here for reference.

All Participants,
    It's almost here – The Maverick Region Time Trials #7. Since this is our first time trial at MSR this year, we have put together a package of information for you to review before Sunday morning. As you will see, we are trying to maximize our time on course. It is important for you to review the information attached and arrive early Sunday morning. Be ready for the drivers meeting at 8:00 AM sharp. If for some reason, you can not be at the track by 7:00 AM, please cancel now so we can fill your spot with someone else on the waiting list.
    You can see by the schedule attached, we have a busy day. We will begin checking in cars at 6:30 AM. When you arrive, you will sign in at the gate and get a wrist band. We will also give you:
    1.An identification name tag for both you and your car.
    2.Instructions on where to take your car tech sheet and your car to get inspected.
    3.Instructions on where to park.
    Then, quickly park, empty your car, and drive to the covered grid with your completed tech form. They will inspect your car and your tech sticker will be checked off. Then please park and be in the clubhouse for the drivers meeting by 8:00 AM. You must have your car tech'd before the drivers' meeting begins.
    Other Things to Know
    This is a track event; so long pants are required for driving and working. Please do not wear red. White or light colored clothing is best for working corners. We will be taking a 45 minute lunch break. Please eat and be back to the track within the 45 minute period. We plan to run the full day on a busy schedule. Stay alert and on time in order to maximize the number of runs for all. Worker changes need to be done quickly. Be ready at the grid area if it is your turn to work. When it is your turn to drive, everyone in the group must bring their car up to the grid. Please do not leave your vehicle at the grid after your group's run session is over. Return it to your designated parking area. Drivers' meeting will be held in the MSR clubhouse classroom (upstairs). Bathrooms in clubhouse are always open. No one is allowed to stand on the pit wall or inside the fence of the track. The attached tech form only needs to be filled out by you not a mechanic or dealership. If your car has a convertible top, you must have a roll bar and arm restraints to run with the top down.
    I am attaching a copy of the track map, worker stations, and run schedules. The worker assignments, run groups, and run orders are subject to change if needed.
    Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Don't forget – you MUST be checked in and tech'd before the 8:00 AM drivers' meeting.

Thanks & see you Sunday,
    Travis Howard
    PCA Time Trial Chair

Driver

Well something came up with funds so I'm not running tomorrow...but I will be out there to watch and hangout

I'm Ready!!

Haha, looks great POS!

Reading through the schedule, it sounds like we're either running or working - will there not be time to take pictures? Trying to decide if I should bring my camera or not.

Color coordinated numbers FTW!

Not sure how much picture time you'll have maybr pne of the experienced kids will know.

Just gotta print out my tech form and I verify the car is tech ready!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast