Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MSR III Headcount

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Got an E-mail from Merv, he still has a few openings available for you procrastinating types!
    Yup! Just do it. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

OK so it looks like we have the following folks that lurk about here going tommarow.

• Majik
      Droptop
      Mathews2004
      Miatamaniac92
      Flyin96M
      POS
      bigDstars

Let me know if I'm missing someone!

Will McD's open in time that we could meet at 377 & 20 for food?

Don't forget to bring a cooler with drinks and stuff, I believe Merv said this was a no frills version of Miatas at the Ranch III!

Also don't forget to have a full tank of gas, you'll be shocked how fast your car will burn thought it when it's on the track!

Oh yea and Majik you may want to bring a coat!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Don't forget your camera POS!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Don't forget your camera POS!
    That goes for the rest of you also! Maybe we can get some pictures!

I'm there... New brake fluid, new Azenis, new helmet...

Got a pretty good C.B. type deal on a helmet purchased at a Yamaha dealership off of Central in Richardson for $80.... Open face with half visor type that doesn't look too bad.

I do expect to be the slowest person out there tomorrow, but I'm gonna give it heck! I'll be the silver car running with hazards on and talking on my cell phone.

Oh yea and Majik you may want to bring a coat!
    Ok Dad, do you mind calling and waking me up too...

Have fun out there today boyz. I'll be sitting in my office wishing I was out at MSR...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Have fun out there today boyz. I'll be sitting in my office wishing I was out at MSR...
    They are definately going to have great weather today! Bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    They are definately going to have great weather today! Bastards!
    The weather was awesome! The event was awesome! I had the best time out there yesterday it was a great day!! I even bought a couple of T-Shirts!

Merv ran a great event everything when off without a hitch, and the entire day was problem free!

I reset the Odometer on the POS as I left the house and when I got home it showed 217 miles, it's only 76 Miles round trip to MSR, so we had about 140 Track Miles yesterday! All that for just $75.00, Skweet!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

The event was awesome! I had the best time out there yesterday it was a great day!!
    Congrats POS! Sounds like a great time was had by all without incident!

As POS said, it was a great event. Well worth the price of admission, and a day I'll never forget. I got passed by a girl though, so I have to spend more money on something before next time (shocks?)

We saw one guy in the second group catch air while trying to jump the zig-zag section (Rattlesnake), and numerous people leave the track to "dirt-surf"... Some people had cameras mounted in their car, and I'd love to see those videos...

The free instructors that were provided were worth their weight in gold...
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

Yep it was a very good day! Had to be the best $75 I have spent in a long time. To bad it cost me more in gas than it did to do the event.

With Gary's suggested sway bar setup the car handled great and was very predictible. I did manage to dirt surf twice due to driver error though I was following Mick for a bit trying to pick up a few pointers and it seems that my pucker factor is to low. Following the bumble bee through big bend was a lesson how to increase one'e pucker factor.

This was the first time out to MSR with the new power and I was very surprised to find out how much easier it was to control than I thought it would be.

All in all it was a good event, but now I am tired and sore but it was all worth it.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M
    I was following Mick for a bit trying to pick up a few pointers and it seems that my pucker factor is to low. Following the bumble bee through big bend was a lesson how to increase one’s pucker factor.
    When you don't have a turbo or a supercharger you tend to try to find speed in other spots!

Merv send all us participants a note, using my stealer cut and paste skills I give you the following stats!

Here's the final talley and a few interesting
    tid-bits:
    1) Forty-four paid entries.
    2) Forty-two Miatas.
    3) One No-show/No pay.
    4) Twenty-three that received registration packets backed out.
    5) Estimated total miles on track - 5500
    6) Estimated average speed - 63 MPH
    7) Estimated average lap time - 1:37.000
    Fasted lap time - 1:27.335 (SM 1
    9) Most laps - car #9 (only because it was seen on the track in all three groups! Hmmmmmmm......
    10) On-track spins - TWO!
    11) Four wheels off - eight
    I get credit for one of these up in boothill
    12) Car contact - none....THANK YOU!
    13) Mechanical failures - ONE (cracked radiator)
    14) Bottles of water drank - 88
    15) Tootsie rolls consumed - 473

I got a few pictures I'll try and post them later today!

I had so much fun yesterday. Without a doubt the best track day I have been too, plus soo much track time.

I was running empty on the last session and had to refill in the middle of it. Took a total of 5 minutes to the gas station and back on track.

The event was very well organized and kept on time. We finished right at 5 I think. Everyone got the 5 alloted sessions each.

The red group was fun to watch.

I stayed in the Novice group the whole time, but had alot of fun and wasn't in traffic too much.

The turbo sure makes passing alot easier though.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

We need to get onto Merv to do this again. I personally liked having 3 groups. It seemed like the right amount of time to wait between sessions. That wore me out and I couldn't use any more sessions than were provided (5). Those that missed this and haven't been to MSR need to!

Quote Originally Posted by bigDstars
    We need to get onto Merv to do this again.
    He has done it before that's why this one was called Miatas at the Ranch III! (I even bought a couple of T-Shirts )

Hopefully he will do another one, although it sounds like he didn't break even on this particular event. I'll be sending him a check for $10.00 to assist getting him back to black on this event. I'm sure if all of us who attended yesterday did the same it would certainly help!

As a side benefit it would probably improve our chances for Miatas at the Ranch IV.

PM me if you need Merv's Address!

Can you find the canooter in this picture?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Can you find the canooter in this picture?
    yep. he's standing right there with a blue shirt and a thumbs up!

Behind the camera?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast