Thread: 2012 pax

Default 2012 pax

Dammit! Fast-fingered Dave beat me! No wonder he keeps placing so high in pax...
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

So STU is getting faster and STR is getting slower?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Yep. That's what was actually hapenning at big events. STR is still being tweaked, as its such a new class with few cars truly developed. Doesn't suprise me a bit, as I think CS and STR are almost equal.
    Polished Turd Racing

I would say that STR is not getting slower, just that the PAX values are in the ST classes are starting to better account for the effectiveness of AWD on street tires, and the importance of weight on street tires.

Obviously I'm pleased that my pax just got a bit more favorable by comparison, and I like the fact that some of the seemingly-softer pax's got a little tougher. Its interesting how much the results can vary. At the Houston Tour, all the STR cars were neck and neck and BS was crazy-fast. At the MW Pro, the NC's had the upper hand. At the first Div, my car was blazing fast (both drivers), and it was a dog at the final Div. Squarely mid-pack at Nats, but with JJ driving and not a lot of seat time previously.

One week DavidSS is a second faster than me (raw time), then another week I'm out front. Pax is a strange animal, but I do think its as close as you can get to a fair fight besides Spec classes.
    Polished Turd Racing

PAX SUX for EMod. Damn Kermit the frog Keisel!

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    So STU is getting faster and STR is getting slower?
    Hmmm... so if one must go slow to go fast, by STR getting slower is it not getting faster?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the PAX, the PAX gazes also into you.

// bored without an event for 7 weeks
    /// too much Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post

Hmmm... so if one must go slow to go fast, by STR getting slower is it not getting faster?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the PAX, the PAX gazes also into you.

// bored without an event for 7 weeks
    /// too much Nietzsche
    Polished Turd Racing