Thread: all for a video game

Default all for a video game

I went to walmart's 10PM electronics/games sale to get Forza 4 (finally) for $28.
    I almost got trampled and was not going anywhere else after this. People are crazy!

http://youtu.be/4tb7CJ6StMU
    Last edited by brandonmpace; 11-25-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    '01 Miata. Silver/Red Stripes. HDHCDD
    '13 Mazda2. Spirited Green.

Yep, my wife went to our local Walmart at 10PM....came right back home and said never again!

WTF is wrong with people? Every year this crap gets worse and worse. This year some b*tch in L.A. used pepper spray to subdue her fellow patrons so she could get what she came for. I'm all for the unfettered free market, but it's obvious that people are animals and can't handle themselves when given the opportunity to save $10 on a toy at 3am (or whatever). Go ahead and have your sales, but open at a normal hour so you don't get a bunch of tired/cranky/full/drunk bastards crashing your doors at midnight. Who knows, maybe next year some crazy person will firebomb a Wal-Mart to keep everyone from getting a deal on My Little Pony. Serves 'em right, for all I care.

/rant
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Key thing to note is these breakdowns in humanity tend to occur in a Walmart...... Coincidence? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Key thing to note is these breakdowns in humanity tend to occur in a Walmart...... Coincidence? I think not.
    For a long time the Wal-Mart at Preston & Park was the only place in Plano with video surveillance in the parking lot... It was the location where most stolen cars were dumped... And now it is gone. So, no... no coincidence.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

They were fighting over $2 bath towels. Seriously?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

MiataProtege

A little tidbit that I have to offer from my life, one of my first jobs was at Walmart, during the black friday event they took all of the hourly associates off of the floor and had them all go to the back. While we sat in the back (not getting paid of course) a group of guys they hired for the night with extra "hazard" pay grabbed all of the pallets of special items on sale and pulled them to the floor to unwrap them for the customers. These people were on average 6 foot 5 and 300 pounds. They looked like bouncers to me. The year prior a man had been trampled to death at one of the Walmarts and I suppose they were overcompensating.

When you have to hire 20 bouncers for 3 hours to bring products to customers.... you know what you're doing is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Yeah, K-Mart's upscale now.
    -Jim
    Ok -- who owns "Team Squid?" I want in!!
    SOLD! - 2004 Titanium Gray MX-5 MazdaSpeed (#744 of 4000). Bone stock!
    Next up: Mustang Guard EB, 6sp manual, 100a package, Performance package, Recaros and the back-up beep-beep!

I'll gladly pay full price to order from home.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    I'll gladly pay full price to order from home.
    And the crazy thing is better deals can often be found online. I will never shop on black Friday. No point in it.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)