Thread: Office Phone Systems

Default Office Phone Systems

Hey have any of you recently purchased a small office 4-line phone system? I'm moving my world headquarters this month and figured I'd replace our 20-year-old phone system.

I'm liking the look of the Panasonic KX-TG4000B since it is wireless which would mean I would not have to wire anything but the base station! Plus it's four lines, which is what I plan to move!

Thanks!

That should work fine... but... wouldn't it be cheaper to just use cell phones?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    That should work fine... but... wouldn't it be cheaper to just use cell phones?
    Yes but then you could always reach me!

Actually we will transfer to cells if no one is at the World Headquarters, but are still old school enough to like our landlines.

If you are doing wireless phones then watch out for the frequency they are on!

Those you are looking at are on 2.4GHz and will squash any 802.11b or .11g wireless networking signals.

Also, you will want to do some type of "site survey" to make sure those will work in your environment. If you have metal studs in the wall, sheetmetal walls, or foil backed insulation in the walls it will drastically reduce the range you would get from the wireless devices.

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Will the new World HQ feature a larger garage area for greater miata capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA
    Initially no, but in time yes.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    The build out on the World Headquarters will be done in three phases.

Thanks Channelmaniac we never thought about interference issues with our wireless 802.11g network, appreciate the input!

The build out on the World Headquarters will be done in three phases.

Thanks Channelmaniac we never thought about interference issues with our wireless 802.11g network, appreciate the input!
    Sounds like we need a Sea-Foam treatment meet to send off the old building!

Sounds like we need a Sea-Foam treatment meet to send off the old building!
    Call it "How to Break a Lease 101"

Of course we could put as many Miata in the old building and rev them all up :P
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    If you are doing wireless phones then watch out for the frequency they are on!

Those you are looking at are on 2.4GHz and will squash any 802.11b or .11g wireless networking signals.

Also, you will want to do some type of "site survey" to make sure those will work in your environment. If you have metal studs in the wall, sheetmetal walls, or foil backed insulation in the walls it will drastically reduce the range you would get from the wireless devices.

Raymond
    While this is a very valid point. Usually you can find a channel in the 802.11b/g that will not interfere. I've resolved this issue with many clients. However occationally there is no cure, as there is sometimes too much noise.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

You're probably fine so long you're not running any of that finicky, over-priced Cisco gear...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Whatever...

The phones I've had experience with were FHSS... Frequency hopping... they trash most of the 802.11 spectrum.

You should check with your phone reseller on compatibility with 802.11b/g or look at 5.8GHz phones.

RJ

I have the 2 line version simillar to that one. I like it.

I had a guy call me on this last week he was going to e-mail me over some stuff on a phone system he had that would be comparable to the panasonic.

I figure one of you Bozos told him to call me ! If you could relay the message I need an alternative and I sure would like to see his quote.