Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shocks/springs

Chassis Designer

so who want to help put them in when i get them?
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

Why would you cut the springs? I see where it was mentioned to cut your bump-stops in some applications. Did I just miss it somewhere??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Why would you cut the springs? I see where it was mentioned to cut your bump-stops in some applications. Did I just miss it somewhere??
    It's the Team CB way of lowering one's vehicle... They did it back in the 60's when you were a punk kid. Remember?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    It's the Team CB way of lowering one's vehicle... They did it back in the 60's when you were a punk kid. Remember?
    O I C!

Note to Self : This sounds like a like a project where I will not offer to help.

Are the Miata springs constant rate?

Chuck

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    At 130k you need new shocks, the springs could be cut to lower the car and increase the spring rate. Since you are not racing, that setup will give you the look without the quid. The Miata has a very good base suspension, so would not monkey with it too much unless you are willing to shell out for a full matched setup and you have the driving skills/opportunity to take advantage of the setup.
    alot of punk kids do this if they can get away with it
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

Chassis Designer

at the expense of sounding like a moron, could somebody please post a link to those bumpstops and boots?...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bio243
    at the expense of sounding like a moron, could somebody please post a link to those bumpstops and boots?...thanks
    http://www.trussvillemazda.com/

I just did a search on that site for, shock, shock absorber, boot and boots and came up with one thing,...alignment bolts, it says there are 4 on the front and 4 on the rear at $5.40 each bolt (ouch)

Didnt see anything about shock absorber boots though for a 99 model.
    Maybe I am doing something wrong, OBTW I am not trying to hijack this thread but since he and I are both driving 99's and we are both doing the same thing to our cars, I was reading all this about the boots over the shocks and got concerned about mine, I agree with doing it all right the first time, so I guess I need to find a place to order some even though mine only have 40K on them I would rather be safe that sorry.

Well give them a call - 800-240-2121

The alignment bolts have an eccentric configuration to allow you to make adjustments; these are not standard run of the mill bolts. Unless you have a stretched or broken one they normally don't need replaced.

Thanks for the # POS, I will give them a call.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12