Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #1, Feb 26th

The lot PCA used for the autocross class last year at the Ballpark was just North of the little league field. They didn't rent port-a-johns, everyone walked to the little league field bathrooms, about the same distance as at Lone Star Park.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    BTW - which lot at the Ballpark was used? In scanning them, i only see one that is really large enough to be better than PMS, south of the Ballpark, East of JerryWorld, just east of the creek.
    The one event that I attended was on the odd shaped lot north of the Hotel and along I-30. Google Maps says it is Lot F.
    Last edited by cone-cerned; 02-09-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

BTW - which lot at the Ballpark was used? In scanning them, i only see one that is really large enough to be better than PMS, south of the Ballpark, East of JerryWorld, just east of the creek.
    I think it is the East of Jerry location. If I remember it is somewhat L shaped.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    I think it is the East of Jerry location. If I remember it is somewhat L shaped.
    I take it you guys are talking about this lot: http://binged.it/x5YgQm

Quote Originally Posted by GroceryHauler View Post
    I take it you guys are talking about this lot: http://binged.it/x5YgQm
    I don't think that is it. I checked the MAV website and it is Ranger Stadium, Lot F

I don't think that is it. I checked the MAV website and it is Ranger Stadium, Lot F
    This one? http://binged.it/zoRlHJ

Yup, thats the one

Yup, thats the one
    that's not really very big. 350'x550-600', depending on where you measure it in the drivable area. Nice, but hard to imagine it being worth double the price of other venues, especially since it has light poles and limited configuration. Two of the light poles (NW, SE) are close enough to the curb that you couldn't run the course in-between. I do like the way you could have paddock and grid on the smaller side, away from the course area.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Here are the lot sizes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now that I see the sizes. Not worth it. I would rather go to Mineral Wells, or LSP.

that's not really very big. 350'x550-600', depending on where you measure it in the drivable area. Nice, but hard to imagine it being worth double the price of other venues, especially since it has light poles and limited configuration. Two of the light poles (NW, SE) are close enough to the curb that you couldn't run the course in-between. I do like the way you could have paddock and grid on the smaller side, away from the course area.
    I don't make the pricesBut I do recall the grip level being very good and the pavement being consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Here are the lot sizes.
    Never been to TMS West or GSW Airport? What/where is it?

TMS West is the entire paved lot on the West side of the venue. It is huge. I ran a divisional or National Tour there and it was a 90 second course. I remember Scott McQueen getting the three rotor sprite running at what seemed like 20,000 rpms. Now the lot is in such poor repair that it isn't worth using. There are cracks and mud and potholes.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Never been to TMS West or GSW Airport? What/where is it?
    GSW Airport is at the north end of Amon Carter Blvd where it meets 183 between Irving and Euless. Amon Carter Blvd used to be a runway back in the day. There used to be a short tunnel on 183 where it ran under the runway. They say it was REALLY hard on tires and the layout is not that great, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    TMS West is the entire paved lot on the West side of the venue. It is huge. I ran a divisional or National Tour there and it was a 90 second course. I remember Scott McQueen getting the three rotor sprite running at what seemed like 20,000 rpms. Now the lot is in such poor repair that it isn't worth using. There are cracks and mud and potholes.
    Plus, they stopped letting us use it, anyway. They said we were tearing it up. It got pretty tore up without us.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    Sounds like MW

Not like MW.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Don't hate on MW. It's not ideal, but many regions would give a left nut and run events on Tuesdays to have ONE site like it, much less the selection we have here. Just saying, Race Tire Boy! Get some R-comps for that wagon of yours!
    Polished Turd Racing

Don't hate on MW. It's not ideal, but many regions would give a left nut and run events on Tuesdays to have ONE site like it, much less the selection we have here. Just saying, Race Tire Boy! Get some R-comps for that wagon of yours!
    Not a MW hater. And I know we are fortunate but........... I like MW other than the 6 pounds of gravel that wind up in the car each event. The drive kind of sucks too. 2 hrs each way for me. Towing that equates to about $50-60 in gas. TMS, LSP, Pennington all under an hour for me. I'll always go to MW events but if there are two in conflict, especially in the heat, I'm going to the closer one.

Sounds like a business opportunity: TXCoyote's Discount Gravel - "we deliver!"
    Polished Turd Racing

Oh, how I miss the TMS west lot. Okay, I don’t miss the (literally!) half mile walk back from the far end corner station, but I do miss 140+ second courses that were deep into third gear.

That was far and away the best autocross site we ever had in DFW. It’s a damn shame we can’t use it any more.

EDIT: Missed the comment above about the TMS west lot current condition. That’s too bad. It was an amazing place while it lasted.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast