Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #1, Feb 26th

Thx JJ. Wish I'd been a little more consistent today, but the competition is really excellent in STR.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Very fun course for how short it was - I finally started to figure out how to drive my car on the last run

Only managed to grab 2 pictures, and neither was on course, but in case the owners are on here..

X-lights by alstauffer, on Flickr

Lotus by alstauffer, on Flickr

Yeah, fun course. If they can use both lots that will be a great site.

Great to see everyone!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    If someone has a classing question, you can speak to one of the ER board members (Yellow T-shirts) when you arrive, or just talk to the tech people.
    Oh yeah? Who classed the boosted S2K in ASP? Or the stock base model integra in STX?

Not bitching, just sayin.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Pretty sure John Garcia made those classing choices. He's been building turbo cars since 1834, I think he said.
    Polished Turd Racing

Nice job Michael, Andy & all. Never thought it would be worth an hour and a half tow for 26 seconds. Good concrete. Thanks all.
    Steve & Sharon

Kinda wish we had a longer course, but it was the first time out there. I was imagining some sort of infinity-ish loopy deal when I was working course...maybe if I get some time I'll try my hand at drawing up what I thought. The good thing about the lot this size is that even with a loop like that at the beginning we could get a 35 second course and still maintain a 15-20 second launch interval (I think...?).

Anyways, here's a mediocre video of how to sorta do it. Pardon my happy-dance at the end for breaking into 26s :)

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    Oh yeah? Who classed the boosted S2K in ASP? Or the stock base model integra in STX?

Not bitching, just sayin.
    Sorry, That was me. I was checking people in at the back of the trailer and new guys 1, 2, 3 and 4 are all simultaneously telling me they registered incorrectly, needed to be added to the Rapide PAX, blah, blah. The Integra guy told me he had CAI - and I could not remember which of the new ST classes he belonged in so he went in the one I could remember. The S2K guy mentioned he had CAI, wheels and suspension, but did not mention the turbo. In general, there was considerable confusion regarding classing for new folks (there were at least 6 I can remember having to reclass), and I did not see a rule book laying around anywhere that I could reference.

Hopefully this had little impact on the final results.

On edit if I remember correctly, the Integra guy had initially registered in DS, which contributed to the STX classing.
    Last edited by slates; 02-26-2012 at 07:56 PM.

First run, which sadly was about as good as I did the whole day.

2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Hope they will use the other lot for the course at the event next month.
    The two lots are about the same square footage. The West lot is a little wider but not as long. We used the West lot of the Viper club event and got a 19-20 second course. With any new site there is a learning curve as far as course design and logistics. I'm pretty confident that we will have most of the wrinkles ironed out by event #2.

Tanks to all who came out. It was a great day to be autocrossing.

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/file...up%201_fin.htm
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Last edited by SiliconTek; 02-27-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: I made the post McShane safe.
    2008 Evolution GSR

Sounds like sour grapes. When you are doing your price per minute calculations, be sure to factor in tire wear at MW and the gas to drive there and back, and your BMW membership.

The beauty of DFW autocross is that there is a club for all tastes; the clubs aren't in competition.

Also, if you check the results,you'll see the level of competition is significantly higher at ER/SCCA. BMW and NTAXS are a blast, but let's not pretend that the classes are evenly matched. I personally run with all of the clubs and enjoy each one for its merits.
    Polished Turd Racing

Sounds like sour grapes. When you are doing your price per minute calculations, be sure to factor in tire wear at MW and the gas to drive there and back, and your BMW membership.

The beauty of DFW autocross is that there is a club for all tastes; the clubs aren't in competition.

Also, if you check the results,you'll see the level of competition is significantly higher at ER/SCCA. BMW and NTAXS are a blast, but let's not pretend that the classes are evenly matched. I personally run with all of the clubs and enjoy each one for its merits.
    My grapes aren't sour, they are pretty sweet actually!
    Last edited by SiliconTek; 02-27-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    2008 Evolution GSR

I agree, but that post just struck me as very 'political', like your next statement might be along the lines of:

"Certainly all clubs are not equal, nor are their drivers. It is our civic duty to promote each club for the benefit of the community, for together we can overcome all site adversities. My record will show that I've supported novice education programs, lower entry fees and worker safety."

Are running for a board membership somewhere?
    Last edited by TexasStig; 02-27-2012 at 08:55 AM. Reason: poor grammar

It was nice to see such a large STR field yesterday. Congrats to Sean for showing an NB can compete, even if it was a "Miata course"

I've always been impressed by all y'all that can jump in an unfamiliar car and be competitive. I really stunk it up in both Sean and Brad's cars, and they're basically the same damn car as mine!

In order to get elected at ER I promised to eliminate hunger and illness at ER events by banning people who were hungry or sick. It worked to get me elected but I never followed through on my campaign promise.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

People are way too serious.

Besides the course being a little on the short side. It was a VERY well run event.

Looking forward to events at other venues though lol
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    In order to get elected at ER I promised to eliminate hunger and illness at ER events by banning people who were hungry or sick. It worked to get me elected but I never followed through on my campaign promise.
    Great event yesterday Andy. Even though it is short I like the venue.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    I agree, but that post just struck me as very 'political', like your next statement might be along the lines of:

"Certainly all clubs are not equal, nor are their drivers. It is our civic duty to promote each club for the benefit of the community, for together we can overcome all site adversities. My record will show that I've supported novice education programs, lower entry fees and worker safety."

Are running for a board membership somewhere?
    No, I'm already on enough autox boards/committees. I just get perturbed by the idea that in order to support whatever "team" they are on, some people resort to denigrating all the others. This is bad for the sport collectively. It reminds me of college teams whose fans' root against their opponent, rather than for their own team (the practice of upside-down Longhorn-symbols comes to mind)

I'm accustomed to the noliftflatouttrackjunkies criticizing the lack of seat time in autox, but I am suprised to see silicontek's comments. If you want to assess the value of any autox event based on price-per-minute, they will all come up woefully short. I'd be equally dumb to criticize a track day for its lack of turns-per-mile. How much actual football is played in a 5-6 hour Superbowl? A 3-hour basketbal game?

I'm sorry some people can't autocross on Sunday's, and others can't/won't drive a car that is competitive in a classed-system. Fortunately, they have options. Me, I just like to compete, whether its a 25 sec autox or a 20 minute track session.

See you at the next event (or not)!
    Polished Turd Racing

I'm accustomed to the noliftflatouttrackjunkies criticizing the lack of seat time in autox, but I am suprised to see silicontek's comments. If you want to assess the value of any autox event based on price-per-minute, they will all come up woefully short. I'd be equally dumb to criticize a track day for its lack of turns-per-mile. How much actual football is played in a 5-6 hour Superbowl? A 3-hour basketbal game?

I'm sorry some people can't autocross on Sunday's, and others can't/won't drive a car that is competitive in a classed-system. Fortunately, they have options. Me, I just like to compete, whether its a 25 sec autox or a 20 minute track session.

See you at the next event (or not)!
    Are you done yet? See you next Sunday...or not.
    2008 Evolution GSR

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast