Thread: Help with a NA mechanic or shadetree in Fort Smith

Default Help with a NA mechanic or shadetree in Fort Smith

OK, here goes and I have my flamesuit on.
    I bought a 2009 NC Miata last week and love it.
    I hated and almost kept my '92 , the Red Baron, but sold her within fifteen minutes to one of my motorcycle buddies in Arkansas.
    A week later the cam angle snesor is slightly leaking
    And worse, Charlie starts his cancer fight next week too.
    Do we know anyone in the Fort Smith area who could help a friend and replace a cam angler sensor?
    I know it's a long shot but does anyone have contacts with anyone there?
    I'm willing to pay to make sure Charlie gets it done by someone we feel we can trust.
    TIA.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
    I'll See You On The Dark Side Of The Moon

He may want to contact these folks - http://arkansasmiataclub.com/

I'm sure they have a Banjo Playing version of Rogue in Arkansas.

I will be heading back to Arkansas on Friday afternoon and will be passing through Ft Sh!t(sorry it's a hell hole IMHO) and don't mind working on his Miata.

Does he have all the parts? O-ring, CAS and valve cover gasket?

If he have access to a garage I can stop by there on Friday evening, else it will be on Monday morning. LMK.

Lee

Wow, what an offer. And thanks but unfortunately Charlie is at MD Anderson on Wednesday to find out what the proposed cancer treatment is.
    I'll contact him and see when he is going to be back.
    Unbelieveable offer partner.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays

Not a biggie since my family is in Fayetteville, AR which is just 45 minutes north of Ft Smith. Keep me posted as I will probably be back almost every weekend in Feb and March.

Lee

Default Fort Smith issue

Quote Originally Posted by Awdieee View Post
    Not a biggie since my family is in Fayetteville, AR which is just 45 minutes north of Ft Smith. Keep me posted as I will probably be back almost every weekend in Feb and March.

Lee
    Thanks again. Charlie is back from MD Anderson in Fort Smith now and I asked him to log on and make contact with you if you could be so kind to still help us out. If you want I can get the seal and bring it to you but I bet there is a Mazda dealer in Fort Smith for Charlie to get one. I am assuming the valve cover o-ring is good sine we just did the timing belt about a year ago.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays

Jack,

how soon do he need to get the CAS done? I just went back to NWA last weekend and will not be heading back for another 2 weeks. If he can wait till March 2(Friday), I will be more than happy to do the swap for him. Let me know.

Lee

Default Timing

Quote Originally Posted by Awdieee View Post
    Jack,

how soon do he need to get the CAS done? I just went back to NWA last weekend and will not be heading back for another 2 weeks. If he can wait till March 2(Friday), I will be more than happy to do the swap for him. Let me know.

Lee
    Thnaks. I texted Charlie and he was to get on-line with us and try and schedule something. I think he may be a little shy as being a newbie? It's hard for him right now I know with his doctors and chemo appointments to find a good time. Keep us in your thoughts and as soon as Charlie can we'll let you know thanks.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays

I need to point out for the benefit of any new guys... It is absolutely IMPERATIVE that at some point during this mission of mercy that you STEP on Jack's head. Really. Ask him about that night we "helped" him change his shocks.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

No, please don't do that! It was hot and I'd been working on my 65 Vette for four hours and came by Tailchasers wondering if anyone really would help. Wow! There were at least three other guys who showed up at tailchasers and as he lead it was aparent they all knew way more then me and I got to watch a lot and at least step on the bar to lower the front lower a-arm for them to do their magic. And did those adjustable shocks help on the AX track! Good times and I was way suprised at all the help I got. And the shots at each other. Even gary helped out ona spring setting when someone took it over. Good guys all.
    And I think I need to schedule another back road romp up north for the group if they want now thta I myself can get back to normal.
    BTW, if anyone is at the AutoRama this weekend my Vette is there in slot 638.
    I told Charlie that if we asked for help this group would come through
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays

I remember that night... good times!