Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LSC BMW AutoX School March 3rd 2012

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathound View Post
    In the FAQ above, it says that you just need clean brake fluid, good brake pads and "decent street tires". Is there a minimum amount of tread that will be expected on the tires. I've got decent tread left, but I haven't measured it to see how much is still there. Is there a bare minimum they will look for?

Thanks,

Michael
    As mentioned, no cords showing. And, IIRC, for stock, at least one non-zero depth groove completely around the tire. I have no idea about ST* tires.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Quote Originally Posted by strathound View Post
    Ok, cool. Yeah, they definitely have enough to drive around town. Probably at 1/2 tread right now. I might make this event. Still checking to see if my daughter's softball team will be playing that weekend. If not, I'll be there.
    Keep in mind that even though the tread is fine during inspection it will probably wear fairly quickly, especially if you are getting lots of seat time during the school. You'll want to keep an eye on them throughout the day to monitor the treadwear. If you're not taking an extra set of tires with you, you'll want to make sure you leave tread to get you back from Mineral Wells if they are wearing quickly .
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

Registered. Still looking for a helmet though.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi View Post
    Leilane picked up an HJC FS-3 off eBay. Cheap and effective. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HJC-FS-3-SOL...item5f79e7da64

So now the big delimma is...do I place an order for backordered RS-3s and take the class with my sh%t 912s, or settle for a set of starspecs that I can have on the car for this class??

Any better alternatives? The biggest problem I have with the starspecs is I have 15x8s, and the starspecs don't seem to come in any other than 205/50, which stretches a bit. Seems like 15x8s could really take advantage of the wider tire.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Shipping is on 3 - 4 days. Wait for the RS-3.
    M3 is always the answer.

You're over thinking this. RS3s will be fine. 912s will be fine. Star specs will be fine.

And a 205 fits pretty perfectly on an 8. A 225 fits perfectly on a an 8.5-9 and it a little bit pinched on an 8.

^ Yep, I overthink everything. That's my specialty. Only reason it's bothering me is my 912s have gotten really slippery lately. I still have some tread but the rubber is really getting hard and slick. I understeered and almost took out cones on the parade lap last time I was out at MW, to show you how awful they perform.

My 205 912s are a tiny bit stretched on the 8s is why I was thinking to up the width.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Shipping is on 3 - 4 days. Wait for the RS-3.
    Just called tirerack and Hankook is saying 30 - 60 days minimum for the 15" RS-3s.
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 02-14-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi View Post
    Get a ZeroNine, you'll like it.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Driver

For some reason it won't let me look at the entry list, how many spots are taken so I know if I have a little time to sign up...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsrturbo View Post
    For some reason it won't let me look at the entry list, how many spots are taken so I know if I have a little time to sign up...
    You have to logon to DLB...there are 15 people registered.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    You have to logon to DLB...there are 15 people registered.
    There are now 16 registered, so there are only four available slots. Here is the direct link to register while you still can. http://www.dlbracing.com/Clubs/Regis...D=4891&LMID=11

Driver

I just signed up!! I took the 20th spot so I guess it's full now!!! Barely made it!!!
    Last edited by Bigsrturbo; 02-16-2012 at 01:16 AM.

90 Turbo

Well Dam I wanted in but thought I would be moving this eekend but cant till the next. If anyone wants to drop please let me know.
    [email protected]

Helmet question... I am buying an SA2000 helmet today. Scca, er and ntaxs accept 2000, but I just read on the bmw Sunday autox thread that bmwcca only accepts 2005+. Can someone clarify this? This would mean I'm buying a helmet I can't use right?
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 02-26-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Is it possible for someone else to 'buy' your spot or switch with someone? I have midterms next week that weren't scheduled when I signed up, and I'm going to need all of the studying time I can get.. Haven't decided 100% if I'll do it if it is possible, but I'm definitely considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by p4R4d0x View Post
    Is it possible for someone else to 'buy' your spot or switch with someone? I have midterms next week that weren't scheduled when I signed up, and I'm going to need all of the studying time I can get.. Haven't decided 100% if I'll do it if it is possible, but I'm definitely considering it.
    I think they have a waiting list for spots.

I have several people waiting for a spot to open!

If you need to drop out email me, and let me know. Just be aware that once you give up your spot, it's gone.

[email protected]

Thanks - I will let you know as soon as I decide. I'm trying to get as much done as I can before the weekend - I'd really like to make this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast