Thread: New Indoor Karting Facility In Frisco

strathound

Default New Indoor Karting Facility In Frisco

http://www.polepositionraceway.com/dallas-frisco

My daughter and I went out there today, had a blast. Very kid friendly. I give the place a thumbs up. The cars are elecric and are configured remotely by computer. So they programmatically limit the speed for the kids and the adults get full speed. My shoulders were killing me after 3 races.

Michael

I have heard great things, too. A good friend was up there today for a kids' birthday party. He texted me saying that we need to grab our spouses and do a double date. Might take him up on that soon.

strathound

I was thinking ... DFW Miata Cup!!!! :)

Suspension Modder

Me and my friends go there all the time fun place I always get last because im fat -.-

strathound

Quote Originally Posted by rowlettmx5 View Post
    Me and my friends go there all the time fun place I always get last because im fat -.-
    I'm a pretty big boy too. What's your best lap time?

Chassis Designer

Another thumbs up for the place. My 8 year old daughter is hooked on the kart racing there. Very clean friendly place.

I am heading up there this morning for a session with the local Cobra 427 guys. There are a lot of little things to know (bring your own helmet/painter's head sock,stick on GoPro for video,brake AND gas shuts the cart off,etc...) and I'll post those later.
    Best,
    Paul
    '03 BRG/Leather

Suspension Modder

Strathound I.would have to check I always throw my time slips away because it pisses me off :0
    And Prof what do you mean by gas shut offs the karts are electric. And they provide clean headsocks and helmets

I was there yesterday. Its pretty cool, because they are electric there is some torque. The carts are fast for the tight track, you are never maxed out on speed anywhere. They give you helmet and helmet sock. Also you need closed toe shoes or they will give you new socks and a borrowed pair of new shoes.

Its supposed to be no contact but that seems to go out the window in about 20 seconds. But more like incidental contact sort of. But I will say the carts have a little understeer sometimes, but not too bad. I had a blast! I would definitely do it again.