Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MIata BBQ and Swap Meet in Houston!!!!

Default MIata BBQ and Swap Meet in Houston!!!!

I'm having a Miata Swap Meet/BBQ in Houston on Saturday March 31st. and EVERYONE is welcome! I've got parking for 200 Cars so don't be shy about coming.

4738 Cashel Glen Dr.
    Houston, Texas 77069

E-Mail me any questions at [email protected]

Click this Link and LIKE it so I can get my Miata a full feature in Super Street Magazine, it's in the Readers Rides section on page 77 of the March issue on news stands now so check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

First post? Really?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Who are you, and how are you sposoring a swap meet for miatas? More info, please.

Edit: google maps shows that you have a 2 car driveway on an alley, so how do you figure you can host a 200 car swap meet? I see that there is a grass lot behind your house, but I doubt you have actual permission to use it, nor will your bathroom accomodate 200-300 people.

Without a lot more answers, this appears to be a big FAIL.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

You two sure are friendly. Welcome to the boards Matt. If it wasn't in Houston I'd consider it.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Did MiataPortajohn move to Houston?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

OZMDD and trickyrix, the official MME Welcoming Committee.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    OZMDD and trickyrix, the official MME e-Thugs
    Fixed.

Wow I guess the Nickname "Dallas Dicks" is right on! I thought it was just for Mountain Bike Racing but I guess not. A member of this Forum LIKEd my car on the Super Street Magazine FB page and asked me to check out this Forum so I did. I had Naively thought that Dallas folks would be as nice as Houstonians but I guess I was wrong. You are ALL still invited. You would think that Trickyrix would have a WAAAY nicer car to be acting like that. As my name on here says OZMDD I'm Matt Kock and I had one of these BBQ/Swap Meets in October 2008 and over 60 cars showed up. I have never or will I ever understand the using of Fake Names on Forums unless you're hiding the Shame of who you actually are. I OWN the land behind my house so I think I'll be OK with letting me use it but I'll probably still have to ask my wife. What MORE answers would you like? I have a Black 2003 with a Built motor and a BEGi S4 kit. Stephanie form BEGi will be staying at my house and answering any questions that anyone may have. It was just going to be a Miata Get Together and BBQ but at the last Houston Miata Club meeting people started saying that they had lots of Miata stuff they would like to get rid of so it became a Swap Meet too. The Houston Supercross is that day so if you are going to be in town you might as well bring the Miata and come by for some food. You can also pick up the March Issue of Super Street and check out my car on page 77. You can e-mail me any other questions (Since OZMDD has SO many) at [email protected] or just ask me on here. It should be good fun with good people, unless Trickyrix and OZMDD show up.

Still wondering about the restrooms. Sorry you don't like a few obvious questions. Calling everyone in Dallas dicks certainly speaks volumes.
    Polished Turd Racing

Thanks for the ridiculous generalizations! Normally, new members offer up a quick intro before posting a bare-bones invite, devoid of much info, to what could easily be perceived as a giant Rice Killer meet 4 hours away from home. What the hell did you expect? Sorry my car isn't nice enough for you.

Welcome aboard, Mister Kock. xoxox
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

You two are still Invited and I've got 120 rolls of toilet paper and 3 restrooms so Hopefully that will be enough. And trickyrix you seem like the Hustler of dfwmiata.com except his car is a Monster and he's quite the Beast on the Track. And "Dallas Dicks" is a name I've heard racing mountain bikes in Texas since 1992 and the Forum member that invited me to check y'all out told me to look out for the "Dallas Dicks" and I'm fairly certain Who he may have been talking about. Don't you two think you've Lived up to that reputation even just a little. Calling my quite successful past event a Fail because I didn't answer your non existent questions seems a bit childish but hey I'm 40 I've gotten over much worse.

I have extended the invite and now it's up to everyone to either accept or not. If you can make it then Sweet, the more the merrier. If not then maybe some other time. I'm setting up a Miata Dyno Day in the near Future and since Dyno time usually doesn't come cheap it might be nice for some people to get 3 pulls for $20.

Quote Originally Posted by matt kock View Post
    ...Hustler of dfwmiata.com except his car is a Monster and he's quite the Beast on the Track....
    Hustler is fast, for a Miata. You ever track that thing?
    M3 is always the answer.

Welcome Matt! I think this thread is a lesson for newbies along with our resident E-Thugs..

E-Thugs- Would it kill you to start out with a friendly welcome and a little guidance before assuming that someone is out to waist your time? Take a lesson from Sharpie.

Matt- You need to understand that we don't know you. We get a lot of people that come on and post about events that don't align with our interests, and then never post again. This puts our skepticism on high alert. Help us get to know you by creating an intro thread... tell us about your Miata(s), what you do with it (Autocross, track, weekend fun rides, etc), and give us a reason to think your interests align with ours. As for your event, Houston is a long drive for most of us... Try to legitimize it for us, as none of us want to drive 4 hours to find 3 guys in a driveway trying to sell wine and cheese sets. If you know Begi is going to be there, mention it right at the beginning... it will help legitimize it. If there is a Houston club or forum we have heard of that you expect a bunch of people from, let us know. If there are Dallas guys that you know or Houston guys we know that you are friends with, drop some names (But not Hustler! LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Try to legitimize it for us, as none of us want to drive 4 hours to find 3 guys in a driveway trying to sell wine and cheese sets. If there are Dallas guys that you know or Houston guys we know that you are friends with, drop some names (But not Hustler! LOL).
    Hustler loves wine and cheese...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Who are you, and how are you sposoring a swap meet for miatas? More info, please.

Without a lot more answers, this appears to be a big FAIL.
    Not sure how anyone got thugging out of this, but whatever. You made no mention of a previous event in your initial post. What I saw looked more like an attempt to find people to "like" your way into a magazine, even though you've never been here before.

Keep making excuses for calling names all you like, you are still wrong. And for the record, HCAD seems to contradict your claim about owning the land, you might want to clear that up with them.

See you at the track?
    Polished Turd Racing

In for the long run on this one...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Yeah I track it but not as much as I would like. I've been on TWS, HMSR, GrandSportSpeedway, Eagle Canyon and Harris Hill with it but I'd love to get out of state. Laguna Seca or Buntonwillow would be Awesome! I'm not making excuses for name calling I just calls 'em like I sees 'em and I saw 'em. Yes it was a Broad Generalization for most but wouldn't you admit Dead Spot on for Some? The land behind my house is in the name of the Neighborhood Developer but it belongs to the Home Owners and no one seemed to mind the last one of these I had.

Look I'm not holding a gun to your heads, if you would like to come then come. I had guys show up from Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and Baton Rouge last time so I didn't figure it would be a big deal to invite the Dallas Crew but apparently it is. If someone invited me to something/anything I would go if I wanted to and not go if I didn't want to. Stephanie from BEGi WILL be here and you can pick her brain if you like. She was great at helping people last time. If you have never been in a Forced Induction Miata before there will be plenty here to take a ride in (or drive, I'll let anyone drive my car). That was the whole reason for having my last Get Together. A guy found me on Miata.net and asked for a ride and I told him if he told me when I would have more than a few Fi Miatas to cruise around in.

There is the same info I have given on Houstonmiataclub.com and Miata.net in the Southwest Forum. As for name dropping Heck I don't know, I race with David Heddrick, Jeff Goji and Robert Harris just to name a few and have never had a problem inviting people to a get together before (until now).

And you are correct, Hustler LOVES wine and cheese!!!!!

Driver

Welcome to the board, if I did not have to work I would be down to come and hang, maybe next time

I was unaware Stephanie had a brain, I thought she always borrowed Corky's.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Fair enough.

Welcome, sorry for the rough start.
    Last edited by OZMDD; 02-22-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    Polished Turd Racing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast