Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hallett 2013 - Let's make it happen! A show of hands please

Sad to say, I'm with you Speed. We are just too unorganized to pull this off. This would take a major effort on at least 20+ people (without instructors) to pull off. Remember all the people we have come to know over the years have been working all weekend and not just driving and hanging out. Grid people, track marshall, transponder renter, welcoming committee, forms collector, finance person, etc. etc. It's not just $$$$.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    I'm confused! Isn't Black Roadster is talking about 2013 and NOT this year!? I'll go this and next year, if there is a M@H in 2013...
    Yes, BR is talking about 2013, which is why the subject was originally 2013. Not sure why it got changed to 2012...

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    It will help a lot if enough of us is willing to prepay for the 2013 event.
    Good luck with that. How many of those who were definitely going to the 2011 event waited until the last day of the lower rate to register?

FWIW I am planning to go to the 2012 event after having missed all but 2007 and 2008.

I've prepaid every year. I usually get my stuff in shortly after registration opens. I know I'm going to go, so I just take care of it early and forget about it. I'm not saying everybody can do that, but it can't hurt to try. However, if the 2013 event is in flux, I can see where pre-payment might be a big problem...

Speed and Sharpie do make very good points. I wonder how many of the old guard would be willing to hang on and help with the track days? I know some are AMC folks, but Hallett does have some permanent staff, right? I'm just scattershooting...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Your entry fee pays for the Hallett staff that were there working.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I will prepay and help out on the administration if needed. I don't know the first thing about setting one of these up.

We may not be able to swing a two-day the first year or two so consider a one-day event too.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

So any new word on the 2013 and later events?
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    So any new word on the 2013 and later events?
    Not looking good IMHO -> http://www.dfwmiata.com/threads/2238...y-May-5th-2012

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Great meeting guys! No one showed up.

I checked the Hallett website there is now "more Info" and a registration form up.

http://www.hallettracing.com/

'99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Yep. I got my registration packet in an email from Connie. I'd recommend signing up early and reserve your hotel room.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

BR, can you start a new thread? I would but I am on my phone so its not easy to copy/paste on this phone.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I'd recommend signing up early and reserve your hotel room.
    It's in the mail box w/ a race port reservation.
    Hotel room booked.
    I'll number the days on the calendar this evening.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    BR, can you start a new thread? I would but I am on my phone so its not easy to copy/paste on this phone.
    Done. New thread! Close this one please.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12