Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hallett 2013 - Let's make it happen! A show of hands please

Default Hallett 2013 - Let's make it happen! A show of hands please

This is officially the last year of Miatas at Hallett hosted by the Arkansas Miata Club.

Many of of have enjoyed this event over the years and most of us are disappointed to see this event end. Last year the Arkansas Miata Club offered all their information on how to run this event if anyone was willing to take it over. Sadly, no one immediately stepped up to the plate.

I've talked with a few folks and there is some interest in trying to take over the reins to keep M@H going. I know we aren't a club and don't have a board, regular meetings or a financial account but that shouldn't be a deterrent. Tailchaser has offered to assist with some available MME funds pending review of materials from Arkansas Miata Club. We can do this. The Texas (specifically DFW) group has been the largest group in attendance for the last few years.

So I have sent out feelers to the Arkansas Miata Club to see what it entails.

I can tell you one thing though. The event days will not change. The M@H weekend was originally an Alfa Romeo event and the Arkansas folks took over that weekend. Most other weekends at Hallett are booked solid so we will likely retain this weekend. Sorry POS.

So please chime in if you are willing to assist in any way with a MME sponsored M@H event and possibly what you might be interested in helping with. This will likely involve at least some planning meetings and a dedication to keeping this thing going.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

That is so weird, I was thinking about that this morning on the way to work, and how TrackDog could be a big part.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I plan to attend this year.

I am planning to attend this year also.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Chassis Designer
    Blog Entries

I have been wanting to get out to hallet. When is it??
    SEE MY IN-CAR TRACK VIDEOS
    VHM Racing-------OJCrew -"John Mugen"
    00 Silverstone S2000 (Track Toy)
    96 Miata (Project Track Beast)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    That is so weird, I was thinking about that this morning on the way to work, and how TrackDog could be a big part.
    I don't think he said anything about TDR taking over this event or participating more than they do now.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    I don't think he said anything about TDR taking over this event or participating more than they do now.
    He didn't. I wrote what my brain was thinking as I hugged a curve on my way to work this morning.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    He didn't. I wrote what my brain was thinking as I hugged a curve on my way to work this morning.
    It was a good thought.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Will there be somebody with pushbars on their front bumper to help push me on the straights?

Driver

I'll be there this year also, hopefully with my ls3 installed by then

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsrturbo View Post
    I'll be there this year also, hopefully with my ls3 installed by then
    No boost, no care

Can I run my M3ita?
    M3 is always the answer.

When is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    When is it?
    From Friday, September 14, 2012 - 08:00am
    To Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 05:00pm

http://arkansasmiataclub.com/index.p...|1|29|16|28|15

I'm confused! Isn't Black Roadster is talking about 2013 and NOT this year!? I'll go this and next year, if there is a M@H in 2013 or the world not ending in 2012! To help with the 2013 event, I guess most of us need to see what and how much work is needed to be done.
    Gabriel

It will take some cash to get the track reserved. The Ark Club offered to share the financial records to any club wanting to assume the responsibility. It is a financial commitment without a treasury. How many of us are willing to back stop this venture? Gary has experience and that will help. We need to understand the financial risks and then ask the group for financial support. I'm in.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

It will help a lot if enough of us is willing to prepay for the 2013 event.
    Gabriel

Motorollow is correct. Track Dog Racing is only willing to commit to the same support it has in the past. This will have to be a DFW Miata run event. This type of event needs planning and support from a larger group anyways. I am not talking about this years M@H. It is be run by the Arkansas folks for the last time this year. I am talking about taking the event over to keep it alive.

I received the info from Lewis Leslie from the Arkansas club and I believe the only up front fees required is the track rental. This is about $5k for both Friday and Saturday. The total event cost them around 16k last year. That's everything including all track and safety workers, banquet, sponser plaques, etc...

Tailchaser did say he may be able to assist with funds from this website after he reviews the material. Maybe we need some fund raising events. We can get POS to host a pimpin' bikini car wash and maybe trickyrix can mug a girl scout and sell her cookies.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I think the Scouts are out of cookies for the season...

I'm in for helping when/where I can. I wonder if Lewis and the crew ever approached one of the area Mazda dealers about pitching in for sponsorship?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Good luck! I hope you can pull it off. Methinks you're gonna need to find a benefactor to front the monies for track rental and event organization who thinks he/she/it can ultimately break even or make a few dollars for the inherent risk involved.
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast