Thread: Stealership suckage goes up big time...

Default Stealership suckage goes up big time...

Well,

The stealership up in Corinth is on my $#17 list now.

I'm having to take a day off work tomorrow to get the car looked at.

I had a small oil leak and was going to take it in to get it looked at. Well, it turned into a BIG leak when the drain plug dropped out of the oil pan.

One drain plug, one crush washer, and all new oil later... It's running, no funny noises from under the hood, but I do have a CEL.

VatoZone says it's a code for excessive timing r3tard on bank A.

Now I get to go kick someone in the head.

I want them at a minimum to put in a new oil drain plug/washer, wash the car - INCLUDING the undercarriage, and to check the oil pressure with a real gauge to see if it is now low.

Anything else you guys can think of that I need to make them check?

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Compression check?

Metal content analysis of the oil?

I am off all day tomorrow if you have a chance to meet for those parts. :afro:
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Default Re: Stealership suckage goes up big time...

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    I had a small oil leak and was going to take it in to get it looked at. Well, it turned into a BIG leak when the drain plug dropped out of the oil pan.

RJ
    It didn't happen when you were at Motorsport Ranch did it? Heck it was even leaking when you were over here Saturday.

Luckily I had a friend nearby when it happened. It's nice to be able to get parts and get back on the road.

I now have a loaner car and the dealership is looking at my car. We'll see what happens.

They are also supposed to look at the clutch for a bad cold chatter problem. There's a TSB on that issue.

I told them I wanted it checked out from top to bottom and a new drain plug put in so I could get the other back to it's owner. I wanted oil pressure checks and main bearings checked, and anything else they could check to make sure it's in good working order. We'll see if they do anything.

At a minimum they should at least clean off the bottom of the car - which I told them I wanted done as well.

Oh, someone turned on the PC functions of the board. When I typed in "r3tard" in correct english, it supplemented the words "person of less than average intelligence" or something like that... Made for a funny sounding sentence about the timing being severely reduced.

POS, whether it was on or off track doesn't matter. Oil drain plugs should not fall out. I'm hoping that I caught it in time. The engine isn't making any funny knocking, rattling, or other types of sounds, but that doesn't mean there isn't any excessive wear in the bearings.

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    I am off all day tomorrow if you have a chance to meet for those parts. :afro:
    I took today off as well... to have time to deal with the dealership.

Call me on my cell or PM me if you don't have it anymore.

RJ

POS, whether it was on or off track doesn't matter. Oil drain plugs should not fall out. I'm hoping that I caught it in time. The engine isn't making any funny knocking, rattling, or other types of sounds, but that doesn't mean there isn't any excessive wear in the bearings.

RJ
    I'm pretty sure you would have gotten a bill from Jack if it had puked oil on his track.

Oh, someone turned on the PC functions of the board. When I typed in "r3tard" in correct english, it supplemented the words "person of less than average intelligence" or something like that... Made for a funny sounding sentence about the timing being severely reduced.
    That would be us moderhaters. It was originally done because some racial/ethnic/sexual/intelligence slurs were being bandied about, and instead of acting like the Nazis that we are, we decided it would be a little more humorous and light-hearted if some funny, PC-friendly phrases were automatically substituted. Apparently, the legitimate use of that particular word escaped our notice completely.

And I thought you were just typing leetspeak because you were a computer geek. :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Well, the dealership said the oil pressure was good & no metal shavings in the oil... I'll monitor oil consumption to see how things look from here.

They are putting in a new clutch disc for the TSB on cold clutch chatter. They had to order the disc & hope to have it tomorrow.

Maybe I can have the car back tomorrow evening - if not, I got a rental. They are paying for it too.

RJ

That's terrible. I hope everything's OK with the car. You're wise to keep a close eye on things.

S.

Is the dealership going to give you something in writing admitting to the problems you have experienced and extending the warranty of the engine as a good faith effort to keep you from securing outside consul in the matter?

Have mentioned to the service manager your plans to contacted Mazda's regional office to voice your concerns over this incident. Actually I would do it anyhow and get something from Mazda also documenting your concerns over the possibility of an oil starvation issue due to the negligence of the dealership.

I'd get it all in writing and save it for a rainy day just in case there are some long-term consequences.

I'm documenting everything... I have a 100k mile warranty, but still will document everything.

Man , I am sorry to hear of all the grief you have had over this.
    I too hope all is well in the long run.
    My clutch chatters too, most likely same thing...oh well.
    Hope your beautiful car is fine and dandy.
    Please let us know the outcome.

Got her back today... she drives just as spunky as ever, but I am going to baby it some for the next few hundred miles... and I'll be watching the oil dipstick closely as she's never used a drop of oil before.

The new clutch is *NICE* too. No more chatter and it's smoooooooth. That's another reason to baby her. Gotta break the new clutch in.

They cleaned the car inside & out - I still have to look under it to see if the car is cleaned off down underneath though. Hell, they even comped the oil change and took care of the rental car.

All in all, they tried to make the best of a bad situation. That's all I could ask for... If the car isn't right, I'll take it back and be a bad thorn in their side as getting the car fixed right is all I'm asking for.

RJ

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

The new clutch is *NICE* too. No more chatter and it's smoooooooth. That's another reason to baby her. Gotta break the new clutch in.
    FWIW, when Stevan put the new clutch in my '92 I asked him if I should take it easy on it and break it in. He told me to drive it like you're going to drive it from day 1.