Thread: The Genesis Coupe saga begins...

Default The Genesis Coupe saga begins...

... with a little tightening of the loose nut behind the wheel. Having to re-remember how to look, and REALLY having to make slower, smaller steering inputs compared to the Miata. Here's the video cap of my "least slow" lap for those of you not on Facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTOeJhrP9qQ

Camera is a Contour HD 1080p in 720p mode for greater field of view (and I forgot to install my polarizer filter). Data capture is via an AiM Solo. I'll link to the repaired full 4th session once it finishes rebuilding now that I've gotten the video and data synced better...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Looks good!
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Here's the 4th session. Those who thought about going on Saturday and didn't really fouled up. I think the most crowded session had 8 cars in it. 2.5 miles/8 cars = awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKG4T2CoosI
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Nice data. How do you like the AiM Solo?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Nice data. How do you like the AiM Solo?
    Very pleased. No buttons to push, since it sees me turn the car on, and logs data if the car is moving. I meant to put it in predictive mode to see what that looked like during one session, but I'm sure Ken can fill us in on that... I just used the display to watch my real coolant temp during the sessions.

I assume it takes power off the OBD2 port?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yup. Just one connection.

So, $700 for that AiM Solo? I loved it until I saw that...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

The AiM SOLO DL is $700, the SOLO is $400. The difference is reading and displaying the vehicle info. The bonus is Race Studio for data analysis with either device. I added real gauges to the M3 and didn't care about overlaying them so the SOLO worked for me. It is very easy to use once you play with ti once or twice. I wish it had a way to pause, start, and stop data recording. once you turn it on it starts recording. So driving to grid it will count as a session. I have been sending my requests to AiM. If you have one send it in too.

The predictive timing is great. You can have 4 different screens show from 1 - 4 item(s), Forecast time, Best, +/- current, last lap, etc. I use different screens for different scenarios.

I am still learning what the software can do.

I use Dashware (like the videos above) to overlay the data. At $50 it is a steal.
    M3 is always the answer.

Price is all relative. There are lots of data loggers with similar capabilities for twice the price with NO display, and hence no predictive timing.

I'm about to trash my Racepak and get this.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!