Thread: Free to a good home: old tires

Default Free to a good home: old tires

I've got two of my old Falken Ziex 912s, 205-15/15. The inside is worn, but otherwise still have some tread on them. Good for a few thousand miles, or some good burnouts I suppose.

I also have an old set of Yokohama Geolander truck/SUV tires. Can't remember the size offhand but it's something like 215-65/16. Still have good tread, but showing their age. Not sure why I kept them, I though i would maybe use them again, but i'm never going to. I need the garage space back.

If nobody wants either of these sets, where can I unload them that doesn't charge a disposal fee?
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

You might try a used tire shop, since they can resell them. Otherwise, its a state disposal fee, so few places are probably willing to take them for free when they know they can charge a few $$. You might pm NCEunos to see if his DT can take them.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I don't know about the city you are in but in Irvng they will collect up to 4 tires on trash day. Also by law if you were to leave them on the door step of a tire store after hours they have to take them. Also most tire stores SELL their used tires eventhough they charge their customers a disposal fee.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami