Thread: Hallett 2013 Planning Commitee Meeting Saturday April 7th, 2012

Default Hallett 2013 Planning Commitee Meeting Saturday April 7th, 2012

I have the material from the Arkansas Miata Club and I think the first thing is to get together and review what they have and discuss if this is something we want to take on.

The earlier we decide, the easier it will be. Lewis Leslie has even offered to come down and meet with us if needed. If we decide to go forward, we make take him up on this offer.

The initial plan, after discussing it with a few folks, is to not reinvent the wheel but to pretty much do the event as they have at least the first year.

So I'm going to just set a date to meet at my house in Murphy and hope anyone who is even remotely interested in continuing Miatas at Hallett after this year will attend. We also need significant others involved in this. So for those of you lucky enough to convince a woman to give you the time of day, please get them involved. We need folks behind the scenes as well.

Who? Anyone wanting to help make sure this is not the last year for Miatas at Hallett.
    What? Hallett 2013 Planning Meeting <--Notice the year, It''s not this years Hallett!
    When? Saturday, April 7th, 2012 at 7pm
    Where? My house in Murphy (Not to bad, about 15 minutes east of 75/Park Lane)
    Why? Ask anyone who has been to this event.
    How? That's what we are going to find out.

Please RSVP here in this thread. We can chip in for pizza and BYOB. I will supply the non-alcoholic bevereges. Everyone is welcome. Bring the wife and kids or the girlfirend but not the wife and the girlfriend. Too much drama.
    Last edited by black roadster; 03-24-2012 at 08:55 PM.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Count me in.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I'll try to make the meeting. Isn't Murphy EAST of 75?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    I'll try to make the meeting. Isn't Murphy EAST of 75?
    Yeah. I fixed that. Brain fart.
    ...and across the line.

Me too!
    Gabriel

In
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

I will be out of town but still want to be involved.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    I will be out of town but still want to be involved.

No problem. This is just looking over the documentation and seeing what it will all entail.
    ...and across the line.

Loved Halett last year, I want to go every year. What benefit would it be if I came out there from my house? 1 1/2 hours away.
    I would love to help out with it but Im limited on time and funds.
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Maybe we should get a hold of Gayle. She ran it for years before Lewis and his guys took over 2 years ago.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    Loved Halett last year, I want to go every year. What benefit would it be if I came out there from my house? 1 1/2 hours away.
    I would love to help out with it but Im limited on time and funds.
    Greg,

At this point I don't see the need to make the drive. We are just going to look of the documentation, learn what is involved and see if we want to do it. If we get a committee together, We will try to keep the face to face to a minimum and communicate over email or whatever. Glad to hear you want to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Maybe we should get a hold of Gayle. She ran it for years before Lewis and his guys took over 2 years ago.
    Good point Sharpie. We will definitely contact her if we do this.
    ...and across the line.

Remember that Gayle came down and did one of TDR's focus days at MSR. We have a good relationship with her.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Cool, just let me know.
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Remember that Gayle came down and did one of TDR's focus days at MSR. We have a good relationship with her.
    Don't worry. I love Gayle. She's awesome. In fact, it's a shame we haven't seen her the last few years.
    ...and across the line.

I've never been to M@H, but I'd like to go this year. I'd also like to be involved in planning for next year's event, and I'm close!

Quote Originally Posted by rpmchris View Post
    I've never been to M@H, but I'd like to go this year. I'd also like to be involved in planning for next year's event, and I'm close!
    You know where I live. See you there.
    ...and across the line.

This shin-dig still on for tonight?

As far as I know, we're still on... I'm planning to be there.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

First meeting was a success. We have tossed around some great ideas and decided to pursue the taking over of Miatas at Hallett. More research is needed but I think we are a go.

We have a tentative date for our next meeting. Saturday May 5th, 7pm again at my place in Murphy. If anyone is interested in helping out, you will have an opportunity. We are looking into some fund-raising opportunities to cover the up front costs of putting this thing on. Our goal is to establish a savings account to be able to make this a sustainable event for years to come.
    ...and across the line.

Awesome! Thanks gang. I'm excited!