Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cars and Coffee Dallas, 4/7

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Wait, you put on your Hoosiers to park your car at a car show? I'm too lazy to change onto Hoosiers for an actual race!
    Well, it was either that or take off my shirt like Jeremy did at our last event...I think I chose wisely (and the crowd might certainly have agreed). But, seriously, it was the only way I could justify all those damn decals on the car...it really IS a racecar.

Yes, quite an attendance at this month's Ford Mustang and Pontiac G8 Open car show...

Seriously--4 entire rows of Mustangs??? I know the event organizers are being democratic and not turning anyone away, but I think C&C has jumped the shark. The last two months I was saddened to see how many really nice cars (show-worthy cars!) were relegated to office building parking lots because the event spaces were taken. I've ranted about this before, but it's never been as bad as the March and April events. Nothing personal against Mustangs/G8s/Vettes, but they take up literally 25% of the available spots every month. Most of these cars are bone stock.
    And don't get me started on the a$$hat who thought his Mustang was worth 2 spots...

BTW--nice car, Titus!
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Yes, quite an attendance at this month's Ford Mustang and Pontiac G8 Open car show...

Seriously--4 entire rows of Mustangs??? I know the event organizers are being democratic and not turning anyone away, but I think C&C has jumped the shark. The last two months I was saddened to see how many really nice cars (show-worthy cars!) were relegated to office building parking lots because the event spaces were taken. I've ranted about this before, but it's never been as bad as the March and April events. Nothing personal against Mustangs/G8s/Vettes, but they take up literally 25% of the available spots every month. Most of these cars are bone stock.
    And don't get me started on the a$$hat who thought his Mustang was worth 2 spots...

BTW--nice car, Titus!
    +1 That's why I stopped attending.

We walked around the parking lot/s on our way there and out. I actually saw my wet-dream car in the parking lot, not inside the event. Usually shows like that I expect to find "cooler" stuff in the parking lot, at least in the respect that I care about - mods/cars I can actually afford or use, etc. Walking out to the two brand new Mclarens kind of made up for it though.

But yeah, I said the same thing about all the Mustangs there. I didn't count, and more were coming in as we were leaving, but it was more than clear that they dominated numbers-wise from the very start.

^^^ So what was the wet dream car?
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Dark gray Aston Martin Vantage with black interior. There was a lighter gray on black one kind of hidden near the building inside the show area, as well as an older green on tan one in the main show lot. But the dark gray one in the parking-parking lot made it an awkward walk back to the Miata.

I've also noticed that some people park in the visitor lots intentionally to avoid getting stuck in the show lot until 10:30. I agree that its time for C&C to devise a system that is a little more selective. Personally, I'd have prsopective display cars get "pre-approved" the week before and email them a hangtag (for the obviously great cars that ought to be on display) and wait-list the overabundant cars (how many stock Z06's can you look at?) People who show up that morning without a tag can still use the first-come, first-served system, but only for the number of spaces not reserved by preapproval. If a space is still empty by 8:30, they can take extras.

My $0.02
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

The organizers are asking for suggestions to improve/fix problems like that, and the show in general over on the cars and coffee forums; OZMDD, they would probably like to hear your idea.

http://forum.carsandcoffee.info/show...las-show/page3

Thx. My email is already sent!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I saw basically the same cars I saw last Fall when I attended. I will not be going back anytime soon. I just wanted to see Titus' car (which looks great!).
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234