Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cars and Coffee Dallas, 4/7

Nice ride Titus!
    -Jim
    Ok -- who owns "Team Squid?" I want in!!
    SOLD! - 2004 Titanium Gray MX-5 MazdaSpeed (#744 of 4000). Bone stock!
    Next up: Mustang Guard EB, 6sp manual, 100a package, Performance package, Recaros and the back-up beep-beep!

Wow! I'm really digging the Banana Boat! Can't wait to see it in person...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Who's that in the Texas Rally Sport t-shirt?

Well that wasn't there when we were . I agree with whomever made the comment about the parking/entrance thing. We got there at 7:45 maybe, and spent a good 20 minutes at the light immediately before the single entrance.

But wifey enjoyed it. She apparently forgot how cold it can get with the top down at highway speeds on the way there though. We both wish we saw more Miatas than just the single black Monster Miata that was in there.
    Last edited by Rob®; 04-07-2012 at 09:08 PM.

The Family & I enjoyed the trip to C&C!

It was good seeing Titus and Mrs. Titus. mk2tmr2 car is also awesome as was rpmchris's car!

I gotta get a set of mk2tmr2's stripes!

Kid took some picture we will post them later!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    Well that wasn't there when we were . I agree with whomever made the comment about the parking/entrance thing. We got there at 7:45 maybe, and spent a good 20 minutes at the light immediately before the single entrance.

But wifey enjoyed it. We both wish we saw more Miatas than just the single black Monster Miata that was in there.
    Strange... Steve and I were there before 7 and stayed till 10. There was 2 other Miatas in the same row as us. We were parked in the section with the Japan Flag.

Quote Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
    Who's that in the Texas Rally Sport t-shirt?
    I think it was someone from the Jotech crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Strange... Steve and I were there before 7 and stayed till 10. There was 2 other Miatas in the same row as us. We were parked in the section with the Japan Flag.
    Hmmm...we didn't see a Japanese flag either. I think I see the white Teslea Roadster behind your car in a picture (looking oh my phone right now). We saw that, then it passed us on its way out (9-ish?). We went down all aisles, so we not sure how we missed you - I was especially looking out for all yellow cars too. Oh well, gives me another reason to get out and do a Miata thing - the car looks gorgeous! Damn dear Porsche like in the rear fenders.

Fantastic! Rogue does amazing work but we knew that. Still he pulled off another fantastic vision of what a Miata can be. I know Titus will have a grin from ear to ear any time he enters the garage. OK, now it's my turn. (again) Car's waiting for Rogue!

mk2tmr2'sstripes REALLY set the look off.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

BR you'll be waiting for a while. He has a few to do when he gets back and then mine is going in.
    Not to forget he still has Barbara's car to do.
    Todd the car looks sick! Once mine gets don't we'll have to take them out to do a mini shoot.
    Last edited by driftdevil; 04-08-2012 at 07:34 AM.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

It was my first time at C&C (showing OR viewing) and I was completely blown away at (1) the number of cars, and (2) the number of people. I was there at 6:30 to mount up my Hoosiers and install my front splitter, and was only able to walk around for a half hour or so from 7-7:30. After that, I stayed pretty close to my car waiting for an old friend to show up - he didn't. The weather was freakin' awesome so I didn't mind just hanging around! Got to meet Titus and Mrs. Titus, and see OZMDD plus his dad and little boy (Mike, Mike, and Mike) and POS Racing with his family. I put the street wheels back on and pulled off the front lip at 11-ish and left the top down on the way home. All in all a very nice start to a great Saturday.
    Last edited by rpmchris; 04-08-2012 at 11:07 AM.

We got there about 8:45 and drove straight into a parking spot in the N visitor lot. 2 minute walk, no waiting. Crowded, but really neat variety at this one. Sausage and pancakes were a nice touch too! Got to visit with several good folks and managed to pretend I was looking for POS and still avoid him the whole time!

I think the "show up early" thing has become the norm, so its too busy. If you are showing it makes sense, but otherwise wait till 8:30.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Default C&c 07apr2012

I was out there this past Saturday (between 9:00a and 10:00a), and dragged my wife and a few neighbors along for their first taste of Cars-n-Coffee... we all had a blast! I saw Titus' car, and it really is an awesome Miata. Sorry I missed POS and you others that were out there.

I've always enjoyed these "little get togethers", and this one was no different. Yes, parking is difficult-ish, since more people attend each month (what are the organizers of this free event supposed to do to make your personal parking experience more enjoyable? ), but the cars are great and the weather was perfect. My only "complaint" is that the police have now completely locked down the "exiting the parking lot" fun, as they won't allow any WOT acceleration by these great cars. I'm not talking about street racing... just doing a 100 yard hard acceleration before backing it down to normal speed. Plano's police used to kindly tolerate it and only clamp down on those who abused it by standing on the throttle for longer than about 200 yards or 100 mph, and that was always fun to watch/hear. But I guess they had too many abuses, and the safety gestapo decided this was too much fun for people to have. Well, the reality is, if someone crashed hard even in that 100 or so yards while the police stood by watching, there would be hell to pay for the police department, so this is what we get for having such a litigious society.

Anyway, it was fun, and I encourage you all to stay away from now on so that I can get a better parking space.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

I think there are vids of these guys losing control before 100 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmchris View Post
    It was my first time at C&C (showing OR viewing) and I was completely blown away at (1) the number of cars, and (2) the number of people. I was there at 6:30 to mount up my Hoosiers and install my front splitter, and was only able to walk around for a half hour or so from 7-7:30. After that, I stayed pretty close to my car waiting for an old friend to show up - he didn't. The weather was freakin' awesome so I didn't mind just hanging around! Got to meet Titus and Mrs. Titus, and see OZMDD plus his dad and little boy (Mike, Mike, and Mike) and POS Racing with his family. I put the street wheels back on and pulled off the front lip at 11-ish and left the top down on the way home. All in all a very nice start to a great Saturday.
    Wait, you put on your Hoosiers to park your car at a car show? I'm too lazy to change onto Hoosiers for an actual race!
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I was out there this past Saturday (between 9:00a and 10:00a), and dragged my wife and a few neighbors along for their first taste of Cars-n-Coffee... we all had a blast! I saw Titus' car, and it really is an awesome Miata. Sorry I missed POS and you others that were out there.

I've always enjoyed these "little get togethers", and this one was no different. Yes, parking is difficult-ish, since more people attend each month (what are the organizers of this free event supposed to do to make your personal parking experience more enjoyable? ), but the cars are great and the weather was perfect. My only "complaint" is that the police have now completely locked down the "exiting the parking lot" fun, as they won't allow any WOT acceleration by these great cars. I'm not talking about street racing... just doing a 100 yard hard acceleration before backing it down to normal speed. Plano's police used to kindly tolerate it and only clamp down on those who abused it by standing on the throttle for longer than about 200 yards or 100 mph, and that was always fun to watch/hear. But I guess they had too many abuses, and the safety gestapo decided this was too much fun for people to have. Well, the reality is, if someone crashed hard even in that 100 or so yards while the police stood by watching, there would be hell to pay for the police department, so this is what we get for having such a litigious society.

Anyway, it was fun, and I encourage you all to stay away from now on so that I can get a better parking space.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I think there are vids of these guys losing control before 100 yards.
    What he said - it has little to do with our litigious society and a lot more to do with the fact that you can't order a "talent option" with your bazillion-dollar super car. Time and again those idiots put it into the wall or spin and almost hit bystanders, so the cops are now there to stop them.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Wait, you put on your Hoosiers to park your car at a car show? I'm too lazy to change onto Hoosiers for an actual race!
    I put my V710 on for the Depot Days car show in Gainesville.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    I put my V710 on for the Depot Days car show in Gainesville.
    Is that where everyone in Gainesville goes to Home Depot and buys a can of Vienna Sausages?

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Is that where everyone in Gainesville goes to Home Depot and buys a can of Vienna Sausages?
    And, Beanie Weenies.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast