Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hallett 2013 Planning Commitee Meeting Saturday May 5th, 2012

Based on my experiences, I can only suggest that you own it. Don't manage by commitee. Be a manager who listens to what others say, but make the decisions and make it happen. When people see it actually coming to life, then they will come out of the woodwork. Ask those that are interested to help with a specific task here and there, but one person has to own it and drive it.

Agree with POS, I am interested in helping keep Miatas at Hallett, but I don't have the time to drive an hour and back on a Saturday to sit in someone's living room. Use the technology to your advantage; an online chat group isn't tough to arrange. Also, how much "planning" is needed at this point? Make a list of things that have to happen and when they need to happen, then disseminate that to the interested/capable parties.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

BR, I can't make it today. I agree that it is much better to set up shop in here. It is better use of everyone's time and things can happen in real time. Also allows folks from the west side to join in. We need much more bodies than just 4 of us.
    Gabriel

I'm down to help but planning meets out by Dallas are really far
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

What about having a table at the hotel/track this year to have people register and pay up front to gain some capital?

It would be super cool to pull this off, but financially I'm afraid we are way off.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I'm afraid you are correct Sharpie. We will need over $5k of capital by the end of the year. I tried to get the ball rolling but don't have the time to take the lead on this. I'm willing to help but we need someone to take ownership of it. In this case we have a group of Indians and no chief.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

That's too bad. If we could get the $5k what else do we need to by the end of it all. I think it should just be a track event. We don't have to have the dinner and goodie bags, and all that stuff.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

The dinner and goodie bags have not been a part of the cost. Mazda paid for the dinner and the goodie bags were donated by sponsors. Most of the cost is the track itself.
    ...and across the line.

I realize that. I was more referring to the extra WORK Arkansas has put into it over the years.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

We need at least a few hundred dollars to incorporate (to eliminate personal liability) and open a bank account. Anybody want to pony up their 2013 dues now to get us started?
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

I received the following email today: William can you pass along some info to him.

This is a message from robertcope at MX-5 Miata Forum ( http://forum.miata.net/vb/index.php ). The MX-5 Miata Forum owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents
    of the email.

To email robertcope, you can use this online form:
    http://forum.miata.net/vb/sendmessag...member&u=90857

OR, by email:
    mailto:robert @ gonkgonk .com

This is the message:

I think I sent this yesterday but I can't remember if I only thought about sending it...
    anyhow, I help run trackjunkies.org and have been thinking about a "TrackJunkies @
    Hallett" event in place of M@H. Or maybe along side it. Do you know who is working
    on this in DFW? Maybe we can combine efforts or something. At the very least, I'd like to
    know what they've learned about putting an event on. Thanks,

robert
    robert @ gonkgonk .com
    robertcope on trackjunkies.org
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    I received the following email today: William can you pass along some info to him.

This is a message from robertcope at MX-5 Miata Forum ( http://forum.miata.net/vb/index.php ). The MX-5 Miata Forum owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents
    of the email.

To email robertcope, you can use this online form:
    http://forum.miata.net/vb/sendmessag...member&u=90857

OR, by email:
    mailto:robert @ gonkgonk .com

This is the message:

I think I sent this yesterday but I can't remember if I only thought about sending it...
    anyhow, I help run trackjunkies.org and have been thinking about a "TrackJunkies @
    Hallett" event in place of M@H. Or maybe along side it. Do you know who is working
    on this in DFW? Maybe we can combine efforts or something. At the very least, I'd like to
    know what they've learned about putting an event on. Thanks,

robert
    robert @ gonkgonk .com
    robertcope on trackjunkies.org

Ill do it.
    ...and across the line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12