Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Miatas@Hallett 2012 - September 14-15

Driver

I will make sure I take my vacation next year for this! 2

Great weekend (even though I didn't sign up to drive). Thanks to those who let me sit in the passenger seat for a session. Must say I'm quite impressed with the NCs...
    As a bonus, my better half got down into the 1:36 range. I'm quite sure that's FTD for the Ladies division...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Shanna did some great driving/avoiding. It was a great weekend and excellent to hang out with all of you guys. Dad made it back to NM even with the fuel pump issues. He just had to stay out of boost, but could still hold 75-80 without issue. Thanks for all the offers on ways to get him back home. My car did great, never got hot, and drove me to work this morning.

We really need to support Connie's efforts to keep this going next year by checking Hallett's website and registering early so she doesn't have to open it up to other cars.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Great weekend (even though I didn't sign up to drive). Thanks to those who let me sit in the passenger seat for a session. Must say I'm quite impressed with the NCs...
    As a bonus, my better half got down into the 1:36 range. I'm quite sure that's FTD for the Ladies division...
    Sorry you never got to ride, we tried. I bet you'll get to drive it at MSR on a member day.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Who has video or picture of Green Glory shooting fire? My bumper needs help, lol. I'm going to jam a little pipe in it with a nut and bolt to dump the exhaust another 3-6 inches back, lol. I think Nails had cool video too, I'd love to see it.

mr brg & wag: Glad to hear that your efforts were rewarded.

How did Gary's yellow rotrex car turn out?
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

I'm really having a tough time adjusting after last weekend. People are making me do work on things other than cars, my daily is really slow, and people look at me funny when I put the white Miata on slip angle. However my diet is better and I'm drinking substantially less.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonieGT View Post
    How did Gary's yellow rotrex car turn out?
    The car was fast and made good power. He was having some sort of alignment issue though.
    99, MP62, Tien Monoflex, 949/V8 Roadster Control Arms, Wilwood BBK, RB Front sway, Stock Rear Bar, That's the main stuff

My only off, or spin, for the weekend. It was on my 24th lap Friday morning, Gary ahead of me and Trey behind. I'm working on a longer video and will post it later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvfdrfvP0r4
    Last edited by Nails; 09-24-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: embedding isn't working

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    My only off, or spin, for the weekend. It was on my 24th lap Friday morning, Gary ahead of me and Trey behind. I'm working on a longer video and will post it later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvfdrfvP0r4
    Wow, I never noticed that cloud before. Look at how far the ass was out:

That could have been really nasty. I couldn't tell which way the car was going to go, so I chose the track since its easier to change direction on pavement than grass.

I love the script "The Green Glory Hole".

Here's the 3 laps before my off. gabkwong is in this one briefly. I'm trying to keep up with trackdog. mrbrg is a dot exiting turn one while I brake for two on the last lap and passes me as I glide across the grass. Wish I stayed on longer to get mrbrg overtaking trackdog.

Again the embed window doesn't respond to the ok button. Is this a firefox thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhTEv99RpHI

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    Wow, I never noticed that cloud before. Look at how far the ass was out:

That could have been really nasty. I couldn't tell which way the car was going to go, so I chose the track since its easier to change direction on pavement than grass.

I love the script "The Green Glory Hole".
    wow, i forgot about the close call in turn one 2 years ago. It's so very close!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    wow, i forgot about the close call in turn one 2 years ago. It's so very close!
    Yeah, part of that problem was the shitty Simpson gloves. Now that I have the A* gloves, no way in hell that could happen again since they are sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    Yeah, part of that problem was the shitty Simpson gloves. Now that I have the A* gloves, no way in hell that could happen again since they are sticky.
    LOL! So you beat off with 'em huh? Just kiddin' but seriously though, it was close enough I straightened the wheel in hopes of saving the right mirror.

Ok here is the sequel to Chasing Gary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGj5M...ature=youtu.be

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456