Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCA Time Trial May 26

Leilane and I will be at the McDonalds at exit 418 on I-20. It's after the I-20/I-30 merge, but before the 180 split. We'll be there from 7:00 to 7:30. Join us for breakfast.

See you there. I'm in for both days.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

My first Time Trial and my first PCA event in a Porsche.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    See you there. I'm in for both days.
    I guess you should never say never again, huh Mikey. I'll be in for Saturday but have a family commitment and won't make Sunday.

I didn't say "never," I just said I didn't plan to run the series. Besides, an addict can't be too choosy...
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    My first Time Trial and my first PCA event in a Porsche.
    You'll love it. Get there at 8 so you can check in and get tech inspected. That way, you will be ready when they open for the 30 minute practice session. Have an instructor ride along at first to show you the ropes and then finish the practice off solo.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Besides, an addict can't be too choosy...
    True and +1

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    You'll love it. Get there at 8 so you can check in and get tech inspected. That way, you will be ready when they open for the 30 minute practice session. Have an instructor ride along at first to show you the ropes and then finish the practice off solo.
    True. Good advice. You will be much faster if you learn the course and the lines during practice.

never say never again
    He also said he was going to stop dressing in womens underwear and shooting heroin but he didn't do that either.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

gonna be a hot one tomorrow, bring your sunscreen!
    Polished Turd Racing

Well I had fun despite shredding a belt and being slow in my car. I just wish I had more timed runs in afternoon without any impedes.....

Big thanks to Russ for letting my try the NC out.

Fun time! Chasing the M3 around for 1.5 laps was worth the price of admission by itself! PCA is very good at putting on Time Trials.

Unofficial results:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OZMDD; 05-26-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    Polished Turd Racing

Here is my fastest lap. I wish I had rear view video of the lap when OZMDD was chasing me. I told him I was going out slower on my warm up lap to get the tire up to temp slowly. Half lap out I see him trying to fill my review mirror. That lasted about one lap until he ran out of talent.

M3 is always the answer.

My favorite time was the 161.0, that were actually lap 11 and 12 of the car in front of me! I was too close to him for mine to actually register, and the 11th would have been my fastest!!!! Oh well, at least I was in the 77 second range.

Interesting how my fastest lap was right after my impede on the front straight ... That lap should have been slower than following laps, but looks like timing issues after that.

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    Interesting how my fastest lap was right after my impede on the front straight ... That lap should have been slower than following laps, but looks like timing issues after that.
    I'm sure there were timing issues. I got a 79.1 one lap and I was consistently running 83's. I suspect that 79.1 was involved in your timing issues. We both drive a RED Miata...so that may be part of the confusion. I personally saw the wind blow the timing sensors off alignment twice.

But all said, I had a blast and enjoyed the company of several people on this forum.

Maniac Mitch

Anyone trade emails with the person who was taking pics at this event? I gave him my email address but never received a message from him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12