Thread: Maverick Region PCA Autocross #2, 5/27/12, Mineral Wells

Default Maverick Region PCA Autocross #2, 5/27/12, Mineral Wells

The Maverick Region of the Porsche Club of America is having their third autocross of the season in Mineral Wells on Sunday 5/27. For the course, we are taking the mirrored courses that I designed for the SCCA Pro Solo and merging them into a single course. It will be a long and quality course. Come check it out.

Also do not forget their Time Trial on Saturday 5/26. They are a lot of fun and you will be in third/fourth gears the whole time. Fast, road course fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a LONG course. Just...wow.

Maybe Christipher can bring the Miata out to play as Mimi and I will be headed to BRBS.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Quote Originally Posted by bnordin View Post
    Maybe Christipher can bring the Miata out to play as Mimi and I will be headed to BRBS.
    Send him.

Don't forget to -pre-register at www.clubregistration.net for the PCA Maverick Region autocross this Sunday in Mineral Wells. The course will be both sides of the mirrored SCCA Pro Solo course put together in a single, long course. The PCA usually has 8-12 runs with a lunch break in between (A-B-Lunch-A-B). The weather looks good, so it should be a great event on a fun course.

If you want to make a weekend of it or can't attend Sunday's event, then sign up for their Time Trial on Saturday at Mineral Wells. Great third and fourth gear (fifth?) speeds on a road-course type track on a 50-acre site. Thirty minutes of ½ speed open practice in the morning, two groups of three hot laps in the AM, lunch, and then either two more groups of three hot laps or one group of four hot laps in the PM. Each group of laps is preceded by a warm-up lap, so you will get a total of 13-16 laps around the course at speeds much higher than an autocross.

Two ProSolo courses linked together made for a long course. Fun challenge; it wasn't that the course was too tough, just that it is hard to maintain your focus for 100+ seconds. Even though I know I left a lot of time on the course, I'm pleased that my fastest clean time was also my fastest raw time.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

How did you, Jerrett, and Jim place overall?

Quote Originally Posted by ZRated167 View Post
    How did you, Jerrett, and Jim place overall?
    I had passengers for all run but two PM runs.

Mark Berry 96.1
    Mike McShane 96.8
    Dean Yamada 97.4
    Jerrett 98.3 (with passenger)
    Adam Ussery 99.5
    Jim Harris 99.6

No one else broke 100 seconds.

Has anyone tested Mike's Blood Octane Level to see if he's within the legal limit??

That was the longest, hottest day of any autoX I've been to thus far and we had less than half of NTAXS entrants. 100 sec courses are fun in early spring or fall, but are brutal in 90+ degree weather! Fun course overall. After looking at my video, there had to be some timing issues on my run. It showed 97.5 which really was a 100.9. Was kinda hard to believe I jumped almost 3 secs! I couldn't break 100 secBest was 100.08 I believe. June autocrosses need to be shorter courses. Corner work in the heat sucks!

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Long day, but fun. After 16 tries at the left course, I still don't think I every got the big sweeper right.

I think my best time was a 103 sec.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Wow, a Miata on street tires beat a Corvette?! I bet the Corvette was on old All-Season tires or the Miata was cheating.
    M3 is always the answer.

Hey, a P-car finished in the top 5, that's kinda cool! Doug should get a little "Porsche Kill" sticker for beating the Cayman R.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."