Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Region SCCA Solo Event #4, TMS Bus Lot, 6/24/2012

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Who's going to ask me if I pee'd lately?
    I'll try to cover for Halthing.

I'll play.

BTW, here's the order:
    Event 4 Prelim Run/Work

Run 1 / Work 3
    BS, BSP, CS, DS, EM, EP, F125, FP, FSP, SM, STC, T, W

Run 2 / Work 1
    AM, BP, CP, CSP, DM, DP, DSP, ES, ESP, FM, GS, HS, SMF, SSM, STX

Run 3 / Work 2
    XP, AS, ASP, BM, CM, FS, FSAE, GP, SSP, SS, STF, STS, STU, STR, X

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    Sounds good. Let me know when the wheels become available.

We should be back in the DFW area Friday or Saturday. Please bring the tires to this Sunday's SCCA event, if you can. If not, I'll pick them up next week.
    I won't be at the scca event. But I can bring them next time.

Breakfast?
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Breakfast?
    Leilane and I will be at McDonalds at 5:30. Feel free to join us.

Anyone from the eastside able to help transport a couple wheels/tires to the event? My tire trailer is down, and I need to deliver a set to WMR.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Another SCCA winner today! Jimmy laid down a very fast and fun course, and we had a great Tire class battle on it. Congrats to Robert for taking 1st.

Good times. Nice job SCCA gang!

Great course today. Pretty high speed and a lot of fun when you got it right. STR was a great battle today as well - congests to McShane for taking the win!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

One of the best TMS courses to date, definitely the best one since they shrunk the lot. Really good to have that level of competition in STR lately. 5+ National-caliber drivers and 12 total makes me really glad I'm in STR.

X-pro, Tire, STX, STS and STR all had exciting battles today. A lot of brand new drivers out there today too. Top notch event!
    Polished Turd Racing

Good course. The surface really improved as the day went on. Looking at the data I was pulling the same Gs as I normally pull on street tires out there. A6s should have been much higher.

Last edited by ken o; 06-24-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    M3 is always the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj51j...ature=youtu.be
    Great course & competition today. I'm still working on my suspension, in denial that one needs an NC or S2000 to succeed in STR.

Here's my video of run #2... fastest raw time but I got jiggy at the end so wasn't clean. Some comments:

1). If you got motion sickness watching "The Blair Witch Project", don't watch this video.
    2). If you tape your camera to your helmet, actually test in the car beforehand, not just standing in your garage.
    3). Being a cheap bastard sucks.

On point 3, I'm using the $9.99 Android App "Trackmaster" for data gathering. It seems to do a decent job for the price, but I'm still learning how to use. The video was created using "Race Render" software. I'm using the free version (again, see point #3), so I'm assuming that's why it's so pixelated; the original video quality was much higher.

I shared this not because it's particularly great; hopefully some of y'all will download the Trackmaster & RaceRender software and post tips. I was technically competent until a few years ago... now I feel like an old curmudgeon and simply can't figure out new technology. Also, you kids and your "i-everything" get off my lawn!

Awesome course, when I walked it I thought it would be too tight but when I drove it was really really good!

Long shot here... but....

Did anyone pick up a pair of glasses and some GoPro mounting brackets from the cones that separated grid and and the course. Got tied up at the end and forgot to grab them, and when I went back they were gone. The grid was already disassembled, so I'm hoping someone grabbed them and has them. The glasses were missing a lense (just popped out today), but I have the lens and can fix them.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Being in the first run group out there blows...but hey, what can you do. I'll be in Mexico for my best friend's wedding next time around....I'll be sure to think of all you while I've got my toes in the sand as I sip a Corona!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Zeta
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    One of the best TMS courses to date, definitely the best one since they shrunk the lot. Really good to have that level of competition in STR lately. 5+ National-caliber drivers and 12 total makes me really glad I'm in STR.

X-pro, Tire, STX, STS and STR all had exciting battles today. A lot of brand new drivers out there today too. Top notch event!
    What Mike said - definiely one of the best courses I've run at TMS. No super high peak speeds (I never hit the 2nd gear limiter), but a high average speed course that rewarded both precision and balls. The showcase sweeper through the center of the course, the slalom on the back side of the course, and the finish were all lots of fun.

So, to recap:

• Skidpads - not good.
    • Courses that mix precision with high average speeds - good.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    Polished Turd Racing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast