Thread: DSL Splitter

Default DSL Splitter

I know one of you knows the answer to this one! I got our new phones for the world headquarters and the manual states the following : We will have DSL in the new place.
    some features of this phone may not work properly when DSL filters are installed in your building. This problem can occur even if the DSL line is not one of the lines used by the phone system. If you use the microfilters that your DSL service provider may have supplied when you activated DSL service with this phone, some of the phone features will not work. Once the DSL splitter (described below) is installed, you should no longer experience interference.
    So what exactly is a DSL Spliter, and where would I find one?? (Yes I read the Manual! )

Thanks,

linkie

This is what you need. Your phone company should be able to tell you where to buy one locally.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Thank you Sir!

Is it safe to assume I will need to run the DSL modem off of the unfiltered jack?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Thank you Sir!

Is it safe to assume I will need to run the DSL modem off of the unfiltered jack?
    Bingo!

POS,

You need one of those DSL filter thingies on EVERY phone in the office... including fax machines and analog modems.

Basically put it everywhere except where you plug the DSL modem in.

I have a spare one at the house if you can't find enough of 'em.

Also make SURE you have a firewall!!! That DSL line is up 7x24.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    POS,

You need one of those DSL filter thingies on EVERY phone in the office... including fax machines and analog modems.

Basically put it everywhere except where you plug the DSL modem in.

I have a spare one at the house if you can't find enough of 'em.

RJ
    No, he needs one of those "other" DSL filter thingies at the demarc. Go back to play with your Cisco toys. Placing one of the "regular" filter thingies on every phone will frack up his cheapie Panasonic phone system since it uses poorly filtered out of band signalling that collides with DSL.

Oh, yeah... Please drive through.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Low tech firewall... the off switch. I have mine set so that when I turn of the PC, the DSL box's power goes off as well.

Besides, my firewall kept burning holes in my carpet...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Got to love Ebay looks like they have the same one Tailchaser recomended! Sweet!

http://tinyurl.com/4zhgw