Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SCCA Autocross #6, Dallas Raceway, 8/12/12

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSipe View Post
    I think Jimmy Jan forgot to update his signature to 20 mph
    LOL true, or in my case 10 mph. I really liked the surface and the site was nice. Good to see some faces I haven't seen in quite some time. I had a good time trying to navigate the cruise ship through the tight course.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Once again, my 100 HP wonder beat a GT-R. Makes me feel kind of special.
    Let me set up a course at MW with no slaloms/offsets with say 3 120 mph straights and we'll have a rematch
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Let me set up a course at MW with no slaloms/offsets with say 3 120 mph straights and we'll have a rematch
    OK with me. I think you will lift.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Nice venue!
    But what was up with the 174 cone slalom near the end followed up with he gates of doom??

'Tupid Jimmie!
    +1
    Su B.
    SSP - #117
    08 997.1 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    OK with me. I think you will lift.
    Nah, that is only reserved for M3 drivers

VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

This was my face when I got to the 174 cone slalom as well!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Great new site!

I really liked the course, I even liked the 174 cone slalom. Any tighter and I would have not liked it. An autocross course should have a hard section. This course was all reward, no pain except the solemn.

It’s nice to have the pain section in the middle with a reward section at the end, so people come off the course happy, and they forget about the pain in the middle.

I really enjoyed running my crapcan on the new site. I think it will become the #1 site in DFW if treated right.

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    This was my face when I got to the 174 cone slalom as well!
    I'm thinkin this is the look of a guy who just came to the realization that he may soon become the tire warmer for his wife. Mrs. JimmyJan (and Mrs. SteveE) both laid down smokin final runs! Great job ladies

edit: or perhaps he just realized he did not get his free boul of soup when he bought the hat..

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I really liked the course, I even liked the 174 cone slalom. Any tighter and I would have not liked it. An autocross course should have a hard section. This course was all reward, no pain except the solemn.

It’s nice to have the pain section in the middle with a reward section at the end, so people come off the course happy, and they forget about the pain in the middle.
    Oh come on!

You work for the man so this is just pro Tupid Jimmie propaganda!

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    I really enjoyed running my crapcan on the new site. I think it will become the #1 site in DFW if treated right.
    Was this the civic 317/17? We were working the slalom section and cracking up. Holy bodyroll batman!! Look like a fun ride nevertheless.

Here's my best run. Besides getting dehydrated, it was a fun day.

Here are two of Dave's runs in his STS CRX

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    No wonder I did not see you! I was looking for your NC or Stalker.

Quote Originally Posted by SixAce View Post
    Was this the civic 317/17? We were working the slalom section and cracking up. Holy bodyroll batman!! Look like a fun ride nevertheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmr View Post
    No wonder I did not see you! I was looking for your NC or Stalker.
    So many cars, so little time! It really can be fun driving a POS car (not your car Mick), where you really have to push it to even be marginally competitive. Kevin and I had more fun that anyone I think. Our expectaions were low as were our finishes in STS. We left with a though

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Nah, that is only reserved for M3 drivers

That's a ditch, not a lift. Oy vey.
    M3 is always the answer.

[QUOTE=SixAce;268059]I'm thinkin this is the look of a guy who just came to the realization that he may soon become the tire warmer for his wife. Mrs. JimmyJan (and Mrs. SteveE) both laid down smokin final runs! Great job ladies

Yep, skirted again this year. Sharon is really starting to get up on the wheel. Guess I should stop driving and start towing......

Steve E

[QUOTE=Steve E;268104]
    Quote Originally Posted by SixAce View Post
    I'm thinkin this is the look of a guy who just came to the realization that he may soon become the tire warmer for his wife. Mrs. JimmyJan (and Mrs. SteveE) both laid down smokin final runs! Great job ladies

Yep, skirted again this year. Sharon is really starting to get up on the wheel. Guess I should stop driving and start towing......

Steve E
    "A man has got to know his limitations"- Clint Eastwood

Pretty much sums it up there Steve!

I did want to say it was a fun event and worth the drive to compete against everyone on a great site! Just turn the heat down and open the slalom up!!! BTW, Stroh posted some of our runs at www.oversteergarage.com including my spin because the friend he is?!

turbotoddie

great to see our friends from CS and Austin join us (and put on a show). I am curious to see sound readings as we were trying a new muffler/exhaust combination.

Hi Stan. I just sent the scan of the sound logs over to Kenny to post on the website. He usually posts it pretty quickly, but if you want me to send the file over to you now pm me with your email address.
    Mark Wortham
    SS #197 - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Sound Readings (pdf)

The best part of my video was when my car was at the start line behind TurboToddie. It sounded like I had a V8.
    It sure did not go like a V8. Well done Todd. I don't know how you got your steam rollers through that slalom.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast