Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSCBMW GymkhanaX and Grill!

Default LSCBMW GymkhanaX and Grill!

GymkhanaX and Grill, Saturday, September 15th, 2012

Lone Star Chapter BMW is having it’s first ever GymkhanaX- Saturday, September 15th, 2012 at the Mineral Wells Airport.

Registration is now open for the 2012 LSC BMWCCA GymkhanaX Sunday, Saturday, September 15th, 2012.

We are combining AutoX with Gymkhana to give you the best of both worlds. Drift through corners, and show off your style!

Cost is $30.00 for BMWCCA members, and this is a Member’s only event!

**** Register Online at dlbracing.com ****

Direct Registration Link:

http://www.dlbracing.com/Clubs/Regis...D=5094&LMID=11

Registration for events is done 100% online. We will not accept payment on site! Online registration is available until 9PM the Friday before each event.

Tech Inspection:

All participant vehicles must pass Tech Inspection on site.
    Tech Inspection begins at 2:30pm

Mandatory Driver's meeting at 3pm.

First car will start around 3:15pm.

Grilling will begin at dark!

LSCBMW will be grilling dogs and brats. Feel free to bring your own grills, steaks, burgers, or whatever you like! Water is provided, so bring your own soft drinks, beer, etc.

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME, USE EMAIL ONLY!!!!!! DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES THROUGH FORUMS, AS I RARELY CHECK THEM!!!!

HOOOLYYY BUUGGEBUS!!! This is why i have 8 - 14" rims and tires sitting in my guest bedroom! Drift spares FTW!

What happened to the night autox?

They decided to sleep instead.

So many skidpads you could call it a PCA autocross!
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

meh...not sure this is for me. Will dwell on it for a bit.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    meh...not sure this is for me. Will dwell on it for a bit.
    This is for you, kapeesh?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    So many skidpads you could call it a PCA autocross!
    Twin turbos, and all wheel drive should do well on something like this. Just bring plenty of painter's tape.

Just had a thought. Since the night autocross isn't happening, which was real fun last year, how about a doing a Pro Solo style event? That was a blast! Nothing serious, just all out fun running against another car. I think alot of people would sign up.

Gotta have two sets of timing equipment and a way to sync results to do a pro. Can you say "timing error?" :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Driver

Still up in the air on this one

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Gotta have two sets of timing equipment and a way to sync results to do a pro. Can you say "timing error?" :)
    Tru dat! I believe the reason for not having the night autocross is because the quality and cost. An alternative to glow sticks is reflective tape. I buy the 4' or 5' adhesive strips that you can stick on cars or trailers and cut them into small .5"-1" pieces. I use them as trail markers when I go hunting and it lights up the trail like a christmas tree with very little light. You can put red on one side and silver on the other. Way cheaper than glow sticks and doesn't fade. The gymkhanaX seems fun, but I just don't want to burn up my autocross tires and don't have a way of getting my extra set there.

I have 8 drift spares. (14" stock wheels with 185/65 tires) 2 of them i used last weekend at drift practice at mineral wells and they lasted the day and still have alittle left in em....

i plan to take a set for myself. i can bring the other set if someone wants to use a couple..

for drifting i use my street tires on the front since they dont wear all that much and 2 of the drift spares for the rear. works pretty well. PM me so we can possible figure something out if you want to use a couple.

Quick question... what time will we be running til? i may to get a camping spot by the lake for saturday night.. and take the kayak out saturday morning before the gymX :)

So, am I reading that right - there are only 5 drivers registered for this event?
    I'm guessing people wait till the last minute to register?

Default Re: LSCBMW GymkhanaX and Grill!

Only 5 drivers = 40 runs each!
    Trollin' for co-drives

Quote Originally Posted by maan1986 View Post
    So, am I reading that right - there are only 5 drivers registered for this event?
    I'm guessing people wait till the last minute to register?
    Or that people prefer autocross, especially at night. Or that we all don't have 500hp rallycars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast