Thread: FS: Track tire & tools trailer

Default FS: Track tire & tools trailer

Are you a track, or autocross junkie but hate dealing with all of your tools and track wheels/tires and trying to make it all fit in your car?
    Here's a solution - leave it all in one place, hook up and head out to the track. Now that I have a truck and roll-back trailer to bring my car to the track I need to part with my customized track/tire trailer.

I purchased the trailer in late 2010 and it was only used for 5 weekends - to Cresson, Eagles Canyon, TMS and Mineral Wells from the Flower Mound area. The trailer has 12-inch highway wheels and good tires with little to no discernible wear, and the hubs have bearing buddies which have been greased before each trip. The wheel locking (pipes) are Schedule 80 galvanized pipe, threaded and bolted thru to prevent rotation/removal, and then bolted to the steel deck. They are covered in thin wall PVC to prevent damage to wheel centers, and have holes through the tops (below the caps) to allow for the included receiver locks to keep the wheels safely on the trailer. I built "tire caddys" from 2" x 24" pine table tops and covered them with marine-grade carpet to make sure the tires and wheels are properly supported as shown in the photos.

This trailer was setup to tote 15 to 17-inch wheels/tires, and I left enough room between the tires and the lockable storage bin to strap down an EZ-Up canopy (see pics link below). The balance of this rig, fully-loaded has about 50 lbs of tongue weight so it tracks perfectly (no sway issues). Towing ball requirement is for 1-7/8" ball. I towed this (fully-loaded) behind my 2005 MINI with no issues.

It's a bit of a Cadillac and is much sturdier with the A-frame tongue than the cheapo red trailer at Harbor Freight. It has always been garaged and still looks new. I have over $700 invested in it.

LCI-832TA Trailer with steel deck w/ trailer stand/foot
    Spare wheel & tire
    Water-resistant, lockable storage/tool bin
    Locking wheel holders
    3 keyed-alike locks (ball & wheels)

I'm asking $445 OBO for the whole rig. Pics are here
    For reference on current pricing of the trailer and components/specs, here is a link to a place that sells the trailers.

Please PM if interested. I live way out west in the Permian Basin, but the trailer is in indoor storage in the North Flower Mound area. I'll be in DFW over the Labor Day weekend if anyone wants to take a look at it. Or we can make arrangements to see it another time.

Interested. Left you a message on the visitor's page. Please email me at projectmoonlite at yahoo.

Oil Changer

I am interested if the captain doesn't take it.

I'll send PM with contact details to both of you. Sorry I missed this over the weekend - thought i had subscribed for notifications. I did make arrangements so that a friend can get into my storage unit to show the trailer for me.

Not sold yet but working on it. If that falls through CaptainCrunch is next in line.

Sale pending. If it does sell, I'm aware of another tire trailer (not like mine) that is for sale but not yet posted. I'll send details to CaptainCrunch and Sdeminie this week.