Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NTAXS Autocross #4, 9/30/12, West Mesquite Memorial Stadium

Default NTAXS Autocross #4, 9/30/12, West Mesquite Memorial Stadium

North Texas Autocross Series (NTAXS)
    Presented by the North Texas S2000 Owners Club (NTS2KOC)
    Sunday, September 30th
    West Mesquite Memorial Stadium
    $30/driver entry fee.
    Pre-register at http://www.dlbracing.com starting September 14th.
    No on-site registration.
    The event is limited to 65 drivers.

You get eight runs at NTAXS events, so you will make four runs in the AM session and four runs in the PM session, with a lunch break in between.

8 AM – 9 AM Check-in, Registration, and mandatory Tech Inspection
    (You must arrive in time to check in and pass tech inspection prior to 9 AM)
    8:15 AM – 9:30 AM Course open for walking
    9:15 AM Novice Meeting (mandatory if new to NTAXS events)
    9:30 AM Drivers Meeting (mandatory for all)
    9:45 AM First car out

Car Classing is based on engine size:
    - Class 1/1R is for engines under 2.3 liters, except Honda S2000 and Lotus
    Elise/Exige.
    - Class 2/2R is for engines over 2.2 liters, but under 4.0 liters, plus Honda S2000.
    - Class 3/3R is for engines over 3.9 liters, plus Lotus Elise/Exige.
    - Class S2000 is only for Honda S2000 on street tires.

Rotary engine multiplies displacement by 2.0. Usage of forced induction multiplies displacement by 1.5. (This is in addition to the rotary multiplier, if applicable.) Tires with a wear rating under 140 must use the R class.

View the rules and additional information at http://www.s2000.org/nts2koc/autox.shtml .

Contact me at jrj512 at dfwmx5 dot com for more information.

Find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ntaxs .

Since this venue is in a neighborhood, we must ensure that all vehicles meet a 100 dB sound limit in order to ensure that this site remains available to us in the future.

Simply stated, we will use a sound meter to measure each run from a place where you would be full throttle. If you exceed the limit three times, then you cannot make any additional runs in the offending vehicle. If you exceed the sound limit on a run, then you must attempt a viable remedy to reduce the sound before you can take another run.

The enforcement of this limit will generally follow the procedures outlined in the APPENDIX I - SOUND MEASUREMENT PROCEDURES section of the SCCA Solo National Rules, but there will be minor modifications in order for them to function with our club's procedures. You can find the SCCA Solo National Rules on www.scca.com, but here are the highlights:

The club will assign a steward to be in charge of sound enforcement for the event. This person will be responsible for configuring and testing the equipment, ensuring that the sound measuring station is manned for each heat, and working with drivers who exceed the sound limit.

An ANSI Type 2 sound meter with a digital readout will be placed 50' from a section of the course where the car can reasonably be expected to be at full throttle, under load, and at high RPM.

If you exceed the sound limit, then that run will be scored as a DNF.

You can take a subsequent run if you can show that you have attempted a viable remedy. If this run is still in excess, then you will again receive a DNF for that run.

You can make a third attempt if you can again show another attempt at a viable remedy. If you exceed the limit on your third attempt, then you will receive a DNF for the run and forfeit any additional runs in the offending vehicle. You are welcome to complete your remaining runs in a vehicle from the same class that is borrowed from a competitor, if available.

You cannot take runs outside of your assigned heat. For example, if you install a remedy after your first run, but you only have time in the heat for one more run, then you forfeit the remaining runs in that heat. However, you can still make your normal afternoon-heat runs, assuming that you are not exceeding the sound limit or have failed the sound limit for the previous three runs.

Rulings regarding sound are not protestable. We will do our best to work with offending vehicles to ensure that they can continue to compete (within the sound limits), but we cannot allow offending vehicles to continue competing outside of the sound limits. This is a reality to all clubs using Pennington Field must face.

Driver

I'll be there tuning the once again new miata......

The course.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We have secured the use of a powerful gas-powered push-blower to clear the course of any gravel in the morning before the event and again during the lunch break. We already have people assigned to do it. Thanks to Equipe Rapide (ER) for loaning us the blower.

Evil KK and I are in!

U
    Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    We have secured the use of a powerful gas-powered blower.
    Are you referring to OZMDD?

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    U

Are you referring to OZMDD?
    Fixed it for you.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Man, I skip a few events and now I'm the punching bag. I'm going to assign myself to "announcer" for this event and put you two in the heat I'm working.

And "yes" the Bandit should be rolling again for this NTAXS event! Some rumors had surfaced that I and/or the Bandit were retiring after my Nationals results. Fear not - there is still some Miatamoto left in that car.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Man, I skip a few events and now I'm the punching bag. I'm going to assign myself to "announcer" for this event and put you two in the heat I'm working.

And "yes" the Bandit should be rolling again for this NTAXS event! Some rumors had surfaced that I and/or the Bandit were retiring after my Nationals results. Fear not - there is still something Miatamoto left in me.
    Fixed it.
    M3 is always the answer.

Here are the NTAXS class leaders. Each class winner will receive a free entry to a 2013 NTAXS event. With three events left this season and nine points to the winners, all of them are still wide open.

Class S2000
    Armstrong Vongsavath 19
    Iain Peebles 15
    Robert Jones 13

Class 1
    Mike Mcshane 24
    Ashely Leonard 14
    Sean O'Neill 12

Class 1R
    Kenny Baker 21
    Thomas Hiromoto 9
    Mark Cameron 7

Class 2
    Chris Fithian 15
    Chris Hunt 10
    Ken Orgeron 9
    Christopher Ledbetter 6
    Joseph Weber 6

Class 2R
    Ken Orgeron 18
    Chris Craig 10
    Stan Whitney 9
    Jeremy Ault 6
    Su Brude 4
    Kent McKnight 3

Class 3
    Anyone, as the leader only has nine points.

Class 3R
    David Jones 15
    Joseph Kan 11
    Amy Fair 9
    Mark Wortham 7
    Dean Yamada 6
    Russ Rosenberg 4
    Terry Fair 3

Hi everyone! I'd like to come out this Sunday but this will be my first event ever. I've never even raced my Miata before or been to an autocrossing event. Any tips for a newbie? Still not sure if I'm going to enter though...

First newbie tip - show up.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

+1. Show up and ride with someone first. You'll be addict like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by emilywaves View Post
    Hi everyone! I'd like to come out this Sunday but this will be my first event ever. I've never even raced my Miata before or been to an autocrossing event. Any tips for a newbie? Still not sure if I'm going to enter though...
    Make sure you pre-register and pay at www.dlbracing.com.

Show up no later than 8 AM. Clean out your car (loose items, floor mats, trunck, and so on), and leave the hood and trunk open so the tech inspector can look as they come by. If you have a helmet, leave it in the seat for the inspector, too. If you do not have a helmet, then we have free loaners, but you must wear a headsock which you can bring or buy at the site for $5.

While you leave the car open, mosey over to registration to pick up a course map and sign the waiver. Then go walk the course. Maybe get someone to show you how to read the cones.

When you grid your car to make your runs, grid towards the back and let the grid person know that you are new and would like to ride with someone before you make your runs. They can hook you up.

Also check http://www.s2000.org/nts2koc/autox/Day_in_the_Life.pdf for a good explanation of your first day.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Since this is my first time and I've never raced before , should I bother with entering? I know I should ride with someone my first time, but will I even be ready to try it on my own? I'm not very car savvy

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^Everyone was a nooB once...go out and have some fun!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    ^Everyone was a nooB once...go out and have some fun!
    +1! Give it a try it's fun!

+2 go head and jump in, it’s the only way to learn. Let us know that it’s your first time and we will get someone to let you ride before you run. Also ask for a instructor and we will help you find your way around the course.

Get there early and walk the course at least 3 times, it will be a short course so that will be easy.

Alrighty, I'm convinced! I'm trying to register now - how do I know which Class I'm in?

Edit: Ok, I found it on the website, nevermind. I'll see you guys there on Sunday! I'll be in my silver '08 MX-5 :)
    Last edited by emilywaves; 09-27-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast