Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Canyon track day Nov 17

That's me on a cool down lap in Sandor's car (red NC). Did a 2:09 in 3 hot laps with it. Car pulls nice now that it's tuned correctly. We were data logging too.

Cool, didn't realize it was you at the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    Let me know if any of those expensive cars go under the SM record, lololol.
    1:57.7 from one of those slow crappy solid rear axle Mustangs. Pretty sure that is below the SM record by a few tenths.

Driven by a girl no less!

Amy had a blast driving her Mustang at ECR at this Five Star Ford event on Saturday. I think there was a total of 63 cars? 51 entrants + 12 instructors? Something like that. Perfect weather. Made for some good laps - Amy set her new personal best (1:57.70), and only a second off my lap time from NASA TTS in October. We shortened the wing uprights 5" and it must have helped.

click picture above for in-car video

I got to drive Matt's 2013 BRZ (17x9" wheels, 255mm Hankook RS3s, Cabotech pads, Vorshlag camber plates @ -2.5°) for a few laps and managed a 2:10.5, but that lap was blocked by a Miata after Turn 11 (transmission exploded) on an indicated 2:09.5 predicitive. Matt busted off his own 2:11.0 laps. KenO drove Stepen's FR-S (custom exhaust, 215mm Hankook RS3s, camber blots @ -1.5°) to a 2:11.5, I believe? I think these FT86 cars will become the "go to RWD coupe" for those wanting a fun track toy without the hassles of a soft top. They really wake up with only a few mods (wheels/tires + front camber + brake pads). All of the joys and low consumable costs of a Miata + a real roof (with tons of headroom). FT86 FTW!

I took about 44 pics during the early parade laps and posted them up. Brandon has hundreds more he will post sometime tomorrow into the same gallery: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Racing-E...ar-ECR-111712/

Cheers,
    Terry Fair @ Vorshlag Motorsports

You said you were blocked in one turn by a green miata with blue stripes too

I had a predicted of a high 2:03 on one of the earlier sessions, but traffic killed that. I had a good time, i think with some more capable dampers, aero, and wheel time maybe i can match Ken or at least go fast enough to keep him in my field of view on one of his off, just playing around 2:01 days.

oh hai, there i am with my student on the parade lap:

Ok I saved the best for first.

Here's Sandor in his last session laying down a 2:08.12 his first day driving ECR. His line is off a bit in a few turns but damn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F4Z-...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by shanem View Post
    Plug up that useless hole and add a hood vent.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

I think maybe i just need a new hood and bumper. do you have your factory parts lying around from the green car?

No. Get a carbontrix vent or cut a hole and add a foil. Fix your ducting.

DANG talk about four off, what happened?

I had a predicted of a high 2:03 on one of the earlier sessions, but traffic killed that. I had a good time, i think with some more capable dampers, aero, and wheel time maybe i can match Ken or at least go fast enough to keep him in my field of view on one of his off, just playing around 2:01 days.

oh hai, there i am with my student on the parade lap:

How did your brakes hold up? I killed some CT RP2's FAST with my TSE 11.75BBK running 2:04's at ECR.
    What is done to your car?
    92 Piss Yellow:1.6L GT2560 @ 11psi 196rwhp 700/450 Koni Race
    Ex NASA TTB #13
    NASA Camaro Mustang Challenge #013

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    How did your brakes hold up? I killed some CT RP2's FAST with my TSE 11.75BBK running 2:04's at ECR.
    I haven't looked them over post event, they felt perfect at the track. no fade or any other issues. the car has stock brakes with hawk blues, cooling ducts, and brembo lcf 600+ fluid. other than that, the car has a FMII turbo kit at 12 psi, 225 r888s on 9-inch wheels and questionable koni sports with ground control coilover conversion.

What kind of ducting do you have on the brakes? You probably need a 2000* pad, I did when I had a similar set up. I could no longer tolerate the CT bs and moved back to Hawk. $60 per box and they last an incredibly long time.

I haven't looked them over post event, they felt perfect at the track. no fade or any other issues. the car has stock brakes with hawk blues, cooling ducts, and brembo lcf 600+ fluid. other than that, the car has a FMII turbo kit at 12 psi, 225 r888s on 9-inch wheels and questionable koni sports with ground control coilover conversion.
    Wow, that's insane, what were you hitting on the back straight? ~112 for me.
    As far as your cooling issues go, I pulled my a/c stuff, added some ductwork to my IC/Rad, and my temps are rock solid no matter how hard I beat on it. I would imagine your car has no a/c, so you may want to look into ductwork.
    I also sealed the radiator to the ductwork.

What kind of ducting do you have on the brakes? You probably need a 2000* pad, I did when I had a similar set up. I could no longer tolerate the CT bs and moved back to Hawk. $60 per box and they last an incredibly long time.
    I added some ducts for my last ECR event and they helped, was a bit surprised at how shitty they were w/o the ducts.
    Either way, no thanks to CT's $200 pads anymore, I just got 2 sets of DTC-60's and 4 new rotor rings for the same price as a set of RP2's.
    Last edited by mach1; 11-21-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    92 Piss Yellow:1.6L GT2560 @ 11psi 196rwhp 700/450 Koni Race
    Ex NASA TTB #13
    NASA Camaro Mustang Challenge #013

Wow, that's insane, what were you hitting on the back straight? ~112 for me.
    As far as your cooling issues go, I pulled my a/c stuff, added some ductwork to my IC/Rad, and my temps are rock solid no matter how hard I beat on it. I would imagine your car has no a/c, so you may want to look into ductwork.
    I also sealed the radiator to the ductwork.

I added some ducts for my last ECR event and they helped, was a bit surprised at how shitty they were w/o the ducts.
    Either way, no thanks to CT's $200 pads anymore, I just got 2 sets of DTC-60's and 4 new rotor rings for the same price as a set of RP2's.
    about 114-115 on the back straight, 106 on the other two. I slow down too much on the back straight, i have had brake fade there on my old car and i haven't built up the scrotal fortitude to really go all in there just yet. no ac or power steering on the car, it has some ducting. i also need to burp it again before the toy run, it seems to run hotter than it should so maybe there is some air in there.

Is you ducting pointed at the hub or the rotor? Where do the hoses pull air?

Is you ducting pointed at the hub or the rotor? Where do the hoses pull air?
    Not sure if that is directed at me or the other guy. I have the factory r lip spoiler with ducts connected to those openings and the rotors have hats with openings that the ducts attach to on the wheel side.

about 114-115 on the back straight, 106 on the other two. I slow down too much on the back straight, i have had brake fade there on my old car and i haven't built up the scrotal fortitude to really go all in there just yet. no ac or power steering on the car, it has some ducting. i also need to burp it again before the toy run, it seems to run hotter than it should so maybe there is some air in there.
    Like I told you in email, if the mouth of the car is not sealed to the radiator, you can't diagnose further problems. Buy a Lisle "magic funnel" (cycle the thermostat), then fix the ducting. I think your radiator will work on that car, but you need to get air into the radiator and out the back.

Like I told you in email, if the mouth of the car is not sealed to the radiator, you can't diagnose further problems. Buy a Lisle "magic funnel" (cycle the thermostat), then fix the ducting. I think your radiator will work on that car, but you need to get air into the radiator and out the back.
    yep, i plan to follow your recommendations. you had recommended that magic funnel before. i added the lip in front of the hood vent that is supposed to be for removing heat that you had recommended before btw. I forget who recommended adding some vents on the sides of the hood, it could have been you. Something like this:

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?...umber=29-40000

Also the car has no thermostat, the guy at MRT that did the engine swap said they "always" remove those for cooling. it also has no heater core.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast