Thread: 2006 Mazda 3 Replacement Headlight Covers

So many cars, so little time. - RIP

Default 2006 Mazda 3 Replacement Headlight Covers

Son tryed the cleaner kit on the plastic headlight covers. They are too pitted to clean.

Where can he buy replacement covers for a 2006 Mazda 3 ???

Thanks

Jim H.

I'd think Mazdacomp is the best bet, or LKQonline.com
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I've gotten parts for my 3 at Rosenthals/Arlington Mazda.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

There are a few different quality levels of headlight restoration kits. Which one did you use? Was there any actual sanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    There are a few different quality levels of headlight restoration kits. Which one did you use? Was there any actual sanding?
    +1 on some kits being better than others. I tried a few before getting the 3M kit that uses a drill-mounted sanding pad. Worked very well and was actually easier than the hand-rubbing kits. Lights still look like-new 2 years later.
    Polished Turd Racing

^Can this one be picked up at vatozone? The headlights on our murano look to have been very poorly restored by the PO, they have a very thick and uneven epoxyish clearcoat so I need a good kit if I have any hope of getting all that crap off of them.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Yep, and OReilleys and HF, and Wally World...
    Polished Turd Racing

If you get the 3M foam polishing pad, you can also do touch-ups with Meguiar's plastic window cleaner and polish. I had some on the shelf from my NA days and found it works great on headlights too.

The last time I polished badly pitted headlights, I just started with white rubbing compound (the pasty stuff in the little plastic tub) and an electric buffer. Then I went to a finer polishing compound to clean it up. I have some of that Meguiar's headlight polish stuff, but I've only used it to clean up a pair of sunglasses - it's too fine to do any real work.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

So many cars, so little time. - RIP

The plastic covers are not available by themselves, you have to buy the whole headlight assembly. Best price I could find was $376 each. NO way.

Bought the 3M kit instead of the Turtle Wax kit. And sanding was involved. Son sanded and followed the 3M instructions. Worked like a kit should work and he can now see where he's going at night.

Thanks for the help guys !!!

Jim H.