Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynotronics ECU Reflash Discount opportunity

strathound

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    He actually had several mods and continued to track the car after several red flags. Again, you post about topics where you have zero knowledge.
    The point of the post was to share that someone on another forum using one of these had some issues. I leave it up to the reader of the post to decide if there were other factors at play and whether or not they want to make a similar upgrade to the car. That is all. If you read further into the post and decided that I was suggesting that the flash caused the car to run lean ... well that's your problem.
    Last edited by strathound; 03-07-2013 at 06:30 AM.

Again, the idiot craves attention. Haven't you left already?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    True, but you also make my cars weight from the windshield forward.
    touche'
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

OZMDD, Are you picking on the newbies again? Where's miataprotege when you need him?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

probably douching straponhound.
    Polished Turd Racing

I'm reluctant to even post this here...but is Joe still a decent tuner or is there someone else you'd recommend?

For '99s he's the only one I've ever found.

For NC's there are likely others. I've heard about Cobb doing MazdaSpeed 3s, an MRZ engine like the NC.
    I know of one NC owner that just drove it to New Brunsfels (sp) and had him tune it while he waited. It would probably eliminate the business issues I experienced.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Joe is a great tuner. He uses the EcuTek system now (as do most) which is the best option out there, and does a much better job than the early Sniper stuff ever did.

Both Moto-East and Dynotronics do excellent tuning and use similar tools. I've always liked Joe being just down the road in New Braunsfels, and his pricing is hands-down the cheapest.

I say the proof is in the pudding, and you are welcome to come take a ride in my car anytime. I DD the car and it runs flawlessly, plus its pretty darn fast.
    Polished Turd Racing

I'd like to take you up on that one day soon. All of the local guys that I've talked to that have been tuned by Dynotronics can't say enough good about it. I feel bad that his image has been so badly tarnished by those on the big forum who would find a reason to complain about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    My personal experience with Joe has been poor.
    1. Sent me an ECU to put in while I send him mine to upgrade for a $150 deposit; it wouldn't start the car. So a found another ECU locally.
    2. Took about twice as long as promised to send my upgraded ECU.
    3. After 4 months and 8 phone calls, still hasn't refunded my $150 deposit or paid me for the extra ECU I sent him.

I haven't measured whether the ECU increased power.
    His work maybe good, but his business management is lacking.
    I was never even given the chance to be disappointed other than his poor customer service. Sent him a PM and even said i had PM'd him in his own thread....no response. Then i called and left a message and never got a call back. Next i emailed him and never got a response. Finally after saying i had no response from PM or email, 7 days after original PM, i posted in his thread i was still waiting for a response and then i finally got a response although it was incomplete i decided i still might proceed forward BUT i started to notice a trend in his own thread that people was quit dissatisfied w/ his customer service. So i decided to start PM'ing people who had given him business and this trend became even more evident although most admitted their complaint was solely with his customer service and not the product so i decided just to wait till i had the money to go with a Megasquirt and get it tunned in person.

I do recognize that even though i contacted,i dunno, half a dozen or so dissatisfied customers that their are obviously satisfied ones that may have not had issues but i can only speak from my experience and those related to me. For me customer service is a HUGE part to running a business and if im unhappy w/ my experience even before i give you money i can only imagine my frustration after paying him several hundred dollars and then going through the same thing but hey thats just my
    Last edited by whoswatchingme; 05-30-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Unfortunately, is the few unhappy customers(or non customers) that feel compelled to badmouth the guy repeatedly. If all the happy customers posted, it would be clear that they are the majority. Whatever, Joe tunes for the enjoyment, not the money, so I can't fault him for running DPTune as a one-man-show.

Again, I can vouch for his work, and that he is a genuinely nice guy. Maybe spreads himself thin at times.

Please spend your money wherever you see fit. I will continue spanking untuned cars' asses!
    Polished Turd Racing

^^^And this is a huge problem with consumers. They have a good experience they tell a couple people but they have a bad experience they tell everyone that will listen. I personally always try to relate my good experiences more but people just have a tendency to focus on the negative which is unfortunate. Once again i will say that the majority of the ones i was able to contact said the product was not their complaint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12