Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SCCA National Solo events in Texas!

Thanks. Congratulations on your win!

I wonder how they will index RT class outside of the RT class for head to head competition.

I agree the Pro Solo is a blast. The head to head adds to the experience.
    M3 is always the answer.

Its my understanding that the Challenges are all handicapped by the top times in your class runs, not pax. How that applies to an indexed bump class, i don't know, but I'd guess its the handicap applied to your pro solo index.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

From the rulebook...

The Start Lights will be programmed to start the car with the higher dial-in factor first. The dialin
    for each class is determined by combining the best raw time from each course for the class
    winning driver and dividing by two (2). The dial-in for Index Classes will be determined in the
    same manner after factoring for the index. The time for each car begins when the Start Light
    goes green for the slower car. The Start Light for the faster car will go green at a later time
    based on the handicap dial-in. If during the Super Challenge, a driver's combined raw time,
    minus any handicap, is lower than the class combined dial-in time, the dial-in time will be
    readjusted in the next round. The improvements in combined time will be multiplied by 1.5 and
    then applied to the dial-in time for each side for the next round.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

If during the Super Challenge, a driver's combined raw time,
    minus any handicap, is lower than the class combined dial-in time, the dial-in time will be
    readjusted in the next round.
    So sandbagging in encouraged? Go just fast enough to win your class?
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    Yes, Get in a class with just you, then load it up with friends that don't autocross.

That is a technique that is used by some but there is a downside to it. First, there is money to be won by being top qualifier (winning your class by the greatest margin). And you can run into issues if you 'bust out' of your dial in too many times in the the challenge. The ladies challenge doesn't have enough rounds for that rule to apply so I have not read it in detail lately so I won't even try to quote it. I have never been fast enough to worry about going slower.
    Su B.
    SSP - #117
    08 997.1 Turbo

Yes, people can and do try to use sandbagging to position themselves for the challenges, but that assumes quite a lot of talent, not to mention the very real possibility of getting beat in the class competition by someone who isn't sandbagging.
    Polished Turd Racing

I've been sandbagging for 6-1/2 years waiting for my chance to surprise everyone. You are correct that it takes quite a bit of talent.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

I've been sandbagging for 6-1/2 years waiting for my chance to surprise everyone. You are correct that it takes quite a bit of talent.

I think we are all primed and ready to be surprised.
    Polished Turd Racing

I just hope his surprise includes him wearing pants. Remember last time.......

Just finished setting up the course for the Match Tour at Mineral Wells on 6/15 and 6/16. The 70-75 second course looks great! So much that I could not help but decide to attend the event after all! See you all in June.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Just finished setting up the course for the Match Tour at Mineral Wells on 6/15 and 6/16. The 70-75 second course looks great! So much that I could not help but decide to attend the event after all! See you all in June.
    You realize you've just about guaranteed one of those drones is now going to accidentally bomb the tarmac in a crucial area, right?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I registered a week ago...only 11 entries. Looking forward to another action-packed two day stint at MW!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123