Thread: 92 seat covers

Default 92 seat covers

My 92 with black stock seats is starting to loose foam as the lower left seat fabric is breaking down from getting in and out of the car.
    I actually like the stock covers but don't seem to find any aftermarket.
    Don't like leather or the fuzzy stuff.
    Thoughts:
    Purchase used seats?
    Good repair shop in area?
    Please advise.
    Suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
    I'll See You On The Dark Side Of The Moon

As you have found, there isn't a whole lot out there like OEM. I have been told that you can get replacements from Mazda, but they are a fortune. Your best option is to find an upholstery shop that comes recommended, and have them do a custom re-cover. They will usually use your old covers to make a pattern, and then make new covers in whatever fabric you choose.

I am new to the area, so I can't offer any specific shop recommendations. If you have any friends with old hotrods, start there. They tend to know the shops that can do one offs and pay attention to details.

On a side note, this is something that I have considered doing more then once, and I suspect you and I aren't the only ones. If you decide to go this route, you may want to ask them if the price would be reduced significantly if they were making more than one set. It is very possible that if they sold set 1 for $600, additional sets would only be $300 since the pattern work was done. If this is the case, you could save a lot of money by rounding up a few of us. In my WAG example, it would go from $600 for 1 set, to $450 a set for 2, to $400 for 3, $375 for 4, etc.

Look up VORA in Lewisville... They are behind the car wash on Mills Street, right across the side street from Eagle Transmission.

They are just a few blocks off of Hwy 121... As you come into Lewisville from The Colony, turn right at the 7-11 and they are just down on your left, behind that car wash.

They put the top on the B&T and while I was there for that I got to look over a nice 71 Mustang that he was redoing the interior on. It was absolutely beautiful.

Oh, and it's cheaper if you pay cash.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!