Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LSCBMW AutoX #2 April 7th Dallas Raceway!

I saw at least a couple of people out there w/ nice looking cameras. Are there any photo galleries of yesterday's event?
    I know it's white, but here comes the hot sauce, 964 C2

Quote Originally Posted by Gernby View Post
    Thanks Mike! I loved the course. I wish I could claim driving skill for the win, but it's my car! I can't believe how awesome this machine is! Too bad I'm not more serious about autocrossing! If Iain would have been in my car, I'm sure he would have smoked us all!

Here's a video from my fastest run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu1Nw7It6Nw
    Sounds like you got faster after I left. Congrats! Sorry I couldn't stick around to see it.

Thanks for the compliment, but you've become a very good driver in your own right. At 10/10ths these cars definitely don't drive themsleves! Okay, maybe the Evos and GT-Rs do.

It's always a hoot running with the STR and "STR-like" cars in this region, because the talent pool is pretty deep. With Gerry co-driving Mike's car now, the pool just got deeper.

Are the results posted yet? I'd like to see how much I got spanked by. I just couldn't find much more time in the afternoon - spinning on the 2nd afternoon run and heating up the rear tires didn't help much either. Excuses, I gots 'em.

I really loved the course - it was tight and tricky, but flowed pretty well overall and really rewarded looking ahead and hanging it out. Good job, Jimmy.

Anyone get any pictures?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Sounds like you got faster after I left. Congrats! Sorry I couldn't stick around to see it.

Thanks for the compliment, but you've become a very good driver in your own right. At 10/10ths these cars definitely don't drive themsleves! Okay, maybe the Evos and GT-Rs do.

It's always a hoot running with the STR and "STR-like" cars in this region, because the talent pool is pretty deep. With Gerry co-driving Mike's car now, the pool just got deeper.

Are the results posted yet? I'd like to see how much I got spanked by. I just couldn't find much more time in the afternoon - spinning on the 2nd afternoon run and heating up the rear tires didn't help much either. Excuses, I gots 'em.

I really loved the course - it was tight and tricky, but flowed pretty well overall and really rewarded looking ahead and hanging it out. Good job, Jimmy.

Anyone get any pictures?
    Thanks!

I'm pretty sure my fastest run was my last run in the morning.

Most people only got faster in the PM if had run early in the first AM heat or had cones/spins all morning. I had my fastest clean run in the pm, but it was almost a second slower than my best AM raw time.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Hey all, myself and my friend Allen (whom i take it some of you may know) took a bunch of pictures at the event. Here's a link to the set i'm putting together...it's a work in progress (lots of images to sort through) so check back.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9429838...7633185672577/

Anyone get any pictures?
    Silly comment, you know you can't handle the 450+ ft lbs of torque. I saw you spin it hard with your lawnmower powered Honda on the last slalom yesterday
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Another great course design, had a good time out there. I really enjoyed watching the Mini ripping around the course!
    '07 E92 BMW 335i

Quote Originally Posted by Mechatricity View Post
    Hey all, myself and my friend Allen (whom i take it some of you may know) took a bunch of pictures at the event. Here's a link to the set i'm putting together...it's a work in progress (lots of images to sort through) so check back.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9429838...7633185672577/
    Quote Originally Posted by p4R4d0x View Post
    I'll be there taking pictures and introducing a friend to the wonderful world of autox.
    Did you guys happen to get any pictures of my car on the track? (below)

I'd love to see them regardless of quality

I also shot some video of the event - in and around the car, stitched together

Last edited by UTenigma; 04-08-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Results from the April 7 Autocross have been posted.
    http://lscbmwcca.files.wordpress.com...ril-7-2013.pdf
    M3 is always the answer.

Finally got my pictures edited and posted. I tried to get one of everybody but the wind made it hard to hold steady enough for the type of shots I was going for so they didn't all turn out.

The whole set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alstauf...th/8632884735/
    They're also all on facebook for anyone on there - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1603477&type=1

I did get one of you UTEnigma:

and WORD, I apologize that none of my morning photos of your car turned out, so you're missing a bumper in all of them that did

Some of my favorites:
    OZMDD

jrj512

jrj512's better half

Gernby?

Last edited by p4R4d0x; 04-09-2013 at 03:14 AM.

No pictures of S2000 #75? I'm not feeling the love, man.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Finally got my pictures edited and posted. I tried to get one of everybody but the wind made it hard to hold steady enough for the type of shots I was going for so they didn't all turn out.

The whole set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alstauf...th/8632884735/
    They're also all on facebook for anyone on there - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1603477&type=1

Gernby?
    Yes, that's me! Thanks for the pics. Now I wish I would have just put some screws in my rear bumper cover instead of removing it...

BTW, I like how you were able to blur the background without blurring the car to give the appearance of speed. It reminds me of some shots of me from last year at TWS. The photographer spent the whole day perfecting these shots for a handfull of cars. I don't know what camera he was using, but it would take LOTS of pictures per second as he "followed" the car down the straight with a little red dot held steady on the car.

The bottom one is my favorite, since it captures "SPEED" from the wall at "TEXAS WORLD SPEEDWAY".

I just looked through mine and i don't see any either i'm sorry, i don't know how i managed that. Are you sure you ran?

Perhaps I was moving too fast for you to focus on.

Yep, I ran in the same heat as gernby and ozmdd.
    Iain

and WORD, I apologize that none of my morning photos of your car turned out, so you're missing a bumper in all of them that did
    I'm stripping body panels in an effort to fulfill my open wheel racing dreams. Plus I heard losing a bumper will get you FTD .

Seriously though, thanks for the pics - they look great

Quote Originally Posted by WORD View Post
    I'm stripping body panels in an effort to fulfill my open wheel racing dreams. Plus I heard losing a bumper will get you FTD .

I have some pics that include the bumper. Hopefully paradox can work them over in lightroom, i think they have some potential.

DSC_1285 by Mechatricity, on Flickr

That's strange, I remember editing a couple of your car - I'll take a look at the set when I get home, maybe I missed some when exporting from Lightroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Gernby View Post
    Yes, that's me! Thanks for the pics. Now I wish I would have just put some screws in my rear bumper cover instead of removing it...

BTW, I like how you were able to blur the background without blurring the car to give the appearance of speed. It reminds me of some shots of me from last year at TWS. The photographer spent the whole day perfecting these shots for a handfull of cars. I don't know what camera he was using, but it would take LOTS of pictures per second as he "followed" the car down the straight with a little red dot held steady on the car.
    Thanks! I'm glad you liked them. The technique you described was more or less what I was doing as well. The trick is getting the shutter speed low enough to blur the background while tracking the car well enough to keep it in focus/sharp. Most of the photos that turned out were 1/125 shutter speed. I took a few at 1/80 that looked really awesome on my camera's LCD, but at any reasonable viewing size they were just too blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by WORD View Post

Thanks!

Great job on the photos.
    Thanks!

My slow video

Last edited by ken o; 04-09-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    M3 is always the answer.

Sorry about that Iain, here ya go:

s2k-75-2 by alstauffer, on Flickr

s2k-75-1 by alstauffer, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Great job on the photos.
    Thanks!

My slow video

Thanks ken o!

Nice video

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast